Lena Dunham Talks About Her Rape At Variety's Power Of Women Event (VIDEO)

Lena Dunham attended "Variety's Power Of Women New York" on Friday afternoon, where she gave an emotional speech about her sexual assault.  




"When I was raped I felt powerless. I felt my value had been determined by someone else. Someone who sent me the message that my body was not my own, and my choices were meaningless," Dunham, 28, revealed.


"The Girls" star went on: "It took years to recognize my personal worth was not tied to my assault; the voices telling me I deserved this were phantoms, they were liars," adding: "So as a feminist, as a sexual assault survivor, my ultimate goal is to use my experience, my platform, and yes, my privilege, to reverse stigma and give voice to other survivors."

Check out the video below...
 
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts