Percy Sledge Quotes

1. (on his song "When a Man Loves a Woman") When I came into the studio, I was shaking like a leaf. I was scared. I hummed it all my life, even when I was picking and chopping cotton in the fields. I just wailed out in the woods and let the echo come back to me.  






2. (on songwriting royalties) Worst decision I ever made. But I am not at all bitter. I figure if God wanted me to do what I did, and say what I did to tell those guys they could have the song, then I'll leave it that away.


3. (on his song "When a Man Loves a Woman") The granddaddy to all of my songs. The boss of all of my songs. I have great respect for that song. Always will.



What do you think of Percy Sledge quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts