Jonathan Rhys Meyers Apologizes To Fans After Alcohol Relapse

Jonathan Rhys Meyers has released a statement after being pictured gulping down a vodka bottle in London earlier this month. 









Meyers, who has checked into rehab three times for substance abuse, shared a message on fiancée Mara Lane's Instagram account.


"Mara and I are thankful for your support and kindness during this time. I apologize for having a minor relapse and hope that people don't think too badly of me. I stopped drinking immediately and it is no reflection on Damascus Cover as I was not meant to attend Cannes this year and I apologize to fans and colleagues," Meyers, 37, explained, noting: "I am on the mend and thank well wishers and sorry for my disheveled appearance as I was on my way home from a friends and had not changed I feel I made a mistake and feel quite embarrassed but this was just a blip in my recovery otherwise I'm living a healthy life. Love and blessings. #Rebel #Angel"

Fans were really worried about the actor after he did not appear at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival to promote his new movie "Damascus Cover".


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts