Sofia Vergara On Embryo Battle: "It's Not Fair"

Sofia Vergara broke her silence about the frozen embryos she created with ex fiance Nick Loeb.  







Loeb, 39, recently made an appearance on Thursday's "Today Show" while Vergara, 42, was on "Good Morning America" discussing the controversial matter.


Just in case you have missed it, Loeb wants to bring two embryos he and the "Modern Family" star created to term, which she, who wants them left frozen until the end of time, believes would be a violation of the contract the two signed, in which both had to agree to taking that next step. On "Today," Nick declared that the contract, and the fact that he and Vergara are no longer together, should be irrelevant.

"It has nothing to do with a baby or her baby. Lives were already created," Loeb was quoted as saying. He revealed that throughout the process: "There was no thought of "Well, now she's going to change her mind, and now we're not going to do it." I always assumed, with our agreement, that we were going to agree to take these full term." He also noted: "None of the forms really discuss what would happen in the event of a separation."

Loeb was also asked about whether he is attempting to get back at Vergara for moving on with Joe Manganiello, to whom she is currently engaged. "I have tremendous respect for Sofia. She's very successful, she's very smart. We filed (my lawsuit) back in October. This is not something that's new," the businessman pointed out, adding: "(Our relationship) has nothing to do with this at all. This has to do with bigger, really moral, legal, ethical concepts that are out there about lives we've already created."

On the other hand, Vergara has a different opinion.

On "GMA," the star, whose upcoming film "Hot Pursuit" hits theaters on Friday, accused Loeb of trying to capitalize on her fame.

"I really want to make this, like, the last time I talk about it because I don't think it's fair," Vergara said.


"I've been working very hard for 20 years to get to this point where I am. I promote all my movies, all my work, but I don't like promoting my private life, and I don't understand why this person - I don't want to allow this person to take more advantage of my career and try to promote himself and get press for this," the actress went on.

"This shouldn't be out there for people to give their opinion when there's nothing to talk about. There's papers signed. There is a court date. He shouldn't be creating something so ugly out of nothing," Vergara explained, adding: "I am having an amazing month with all these things that I get to do with my career and he's got nothing."


Check out the videos below...
 
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts