Taylor Swift Comforts On Mother's Day Fan Who Lost Mother

Taylor Swift consoled a fan, who lost her mother, this Mother's Day.  







A fan named Kaileen contacted Swift, 25, on Tumblr, writing: "It's me, iced coffee girl, and I could really use a hug." She further explained: "Today is Mother's Day, a day most people spend with their mothers thanking them for everything they do. But, for me, I can't spend this day with my mom because she's in heaven."


Kaileen continued: "Last January, my mom passed away and a piece of my heart left with her. My mom was my best friend, the one I laughed with, the one I cried with, and the one I loved with my whole heart. For a while, I felt empty. But as you've done many times before, you filled that hole." She finally thanked Taylor, saying: "You took me out of my sad place and made me happy. And because of you, I got through something that was the hardest thing in the world for me. Today's going to be another hard day, but I know with you on my side I can get through anything."


Swift, who stays in touch with her fans, responded to Kaileen on Tumblr. 



"I love you so much and can't imagine what you must be feeling today," Swift was quoted as saying, noting: "You've lived through my worst fear."



Just in case you have missed it, Swift's own mom, Andrea Finlay, has been diagnosed recently with cancer. 


Swift claimed: "I'm so sorry you can't spend today with her. It's not fair, and there's no reason why you should feel okay about it. No one should ever expect you to feel normal today. I admire and respect your ability to put forth such a sunny, sweet disposition when you've been through something so dark and tragic so recently, adding: "Sending you a huge hug today. Gonna go get iced coffee and cheers to you. :)"


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts