Darren Criss Apologizes For Caitlyn Jenner Joke During "Hedwig" Performance

Darren Criss took to social media to apologize to Caitlyn Jenner after he was blamed for making a cruel remark. 

Earlier this week, Criss, 28, made fun of the former Olympian's transition during a "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" performance by claiming: "man, woman, moman, wan, Bruce Jenner, whatever you are."

After much criticism, the actor shared on facebook: "I want to sincerely apologize to Caitlyn Jenner, all transgender people, and anyone who was offended for my words on stage during Tuesday evening's performance. In no way do the remarks reflect my personal belief system or my support for transgender people."

Darren added: "However, I do realize the severity of the comment and the weight that words can carry and for that, I take full responsibility. I commend Caitlyn on her strength and for spreading acceptance around the globe. I have been and remain a proud and unwavering ally of the LGBTQIA community, and will continue to walk alongside my friends on the road to full equality and acceptance."





Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts