"Fifty Shades" Screenwriter Kelly Marcel Calls Film "Too Painful To Watch" (AUDIO)

"Fifty Shades of Grey" screenwriter Kelly Marcel has made a shocking revelation about herself.


During a recent podcast interview with Bret Easton Ellis, Marcel, 41, also talked about being unpleased with the final movie and her bad relationship with the book's author E. L. James.


"I very much wanted to do something different with the screenplay, and when I spoke to the studio and the producers and made that quite clear, they were very enthusiastic about that and kind of loved the things I wanted to do. When I delivered that script was when I realized that all of them saying: "Yeah, absolutely this is what we want," and "You can write anything you like and get crazy and artistic with it" - that was utter, utter bulls-t," Kelly shared.


Marcel went on: "My heart really was broken by that process, I really mean it. I don't see it out of any kind of bitterness or anger or anything like that", adding: "I just don't feel like I can watch it without feeling some pain about how different it is to what I initially wrote."






Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts