Luke Perry Explains Why "Beverly Hills, 90210" Is No Longer Relevant

Luke Perry, who became famous as the bad boy Dylan McKay in the extremely popular '90s series "Beverly Hills, 90210", does not want to discuss it at all. 




Perry, 48, was asked about whether he would be tuning in to see Lifetime's "Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Tell-All" during an appearance at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Thursday. 


The actor not only feels nostalgic about the TV show which shot him to stardom just like his fellow stars Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Shannen Doherty and Ian Ziering, but he stated he wanted to put his 90210 days behind him.


"What do you think about Lifetime doing the tell-all?" Luke was questioned.

"I don't think about it," he responded.

"You must have some thoughts?" the reporter persisted.

"No," Perry firmly replied.

"Why do you think there's still a fascination? It's been a few years since that show went off the air," someone else insisted.


"Yeah, I had really cool hair," Perry ironically said.








"Third grade," Luke replied, noting: "How much does that matter to you? Exactly. It's just not relevant to anything I'm doing. Next question?"


Perry, however, admitted to Us Weekly later that he understands the connection fans had to the series and is delighted to talk about that on a one-on-one level.


"When it's between two people, right? And it's you and I, we're having a talk about it, that's great and that's never lost on me. It's always very flattering and I like it," the actor claimed, adding: "When I meet somebody and I can see that they appreciated the work and they want to talk about the show, I'm always happy to do that."







When asked if he would be tuning in to watch the Lifetime 90210 Tell-All, Luke was quoted as saying: "I don't even watch my own actual self on TV. Why would I want to watch this? I don't see it happening."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts