Miley Cyrus Reveals Playing Hannah Montana Caused Body Dysmorphia

Miley Cyrus has broken her silence about her days on the musical comedy series "Hannah Montana" and why  playing a pop star in disguise might have caused body dysmorphia issues. 



In a new interview with Marie Claire, Cyrus, 22, said: "From the time I was 11, it was: "You're a pop star! That means you have to be blonde, and you have to have long hair, and you have to put on some glittery tight thing."



"Meanwhile, I'm this fragile little girl playing a 16-year-old in a wig and a ton of makeup. It was like Toddlers & Tiaras. I had f-ing flippers," Miley noted.

"I was made to look like someone that I wasn't, which probably caused some body dysmorphia because I had been made pretty every day for so long, and then when I wasn't on that show, it was like: "Who the f- am I?"" the pop star went on, adding: "When you look at retouched, perfect photos, you feel like shit. They lighten black girls' skin. They smooth out wrinkles. Even when I get stuck on Instagram wondering: "Why don't I look like that?" it's a total bummer. It's crazy what people have decided we're all supposed to be."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts