Taylor Swift Says She Hated "Bad Blood" Being Compared To "Bitch, I'm Madonna" Video (INTERVIEW)

Taylor Swift isn't apparently pleased with the fact that many people compare her "Bad Blood" music video to Madonna's video for "Bitch, I'm Madonna"






In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, for which she posed for the cover and was named to its International Best Dressed list, Swift, 25, revealed she absolutely hated the comparisons.

Just in the rare case you haven't seen the clip, Taylor's "Bad Blood" video included a slew of her celebrity friends, while Madonna's "Bitch, I'm Madonna" video featured A-list stars including Beyonce, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus




"I felt so much resentment that they would take two women who made ambitious music videos and use that as a qualifying factor to comparing and contrasting them," Swift said, noting: "I hated that because Madonna and I have gotten along and been fans of each other and performed together, and I didn't want to see that, and there was nothing I could do, and there's nothing she could do, because that's the way the world works right now."



Swift also talked about teaming up with Madonna, 56, for iHeartRadio Awards back in March, again pointing out how they have always been close pals. 


"When I went into her dressing room, I complimented this candle and this diffuser she had, because her dressing room smelled like a magical woodland forest," Swift was quoted as saying, adding: "A week later, I get this box in the mail, and she had sent me the same diffuser, and all these essential oils, and the exact candle I had complimented." Taylor opened up about working with the Queen of Pop again, saying the media will finally see "there was no weird tension or competitive factor."

Swift was also asked by the outlet about her supposed feud with Katy Perry, but the mag reported the performer didn't want to address it. Instead, she stated: "I've trusted people before in friendships and have felt betrayed. I judge people based on their moral code; I think someone is nothing without a moral code." Taylor concluded: "If you will betray your friend, if you will talk about them badly behind their back, if you will try to humiliate them or talk down to them, I have no interest in having a person like that in my life."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts