Sara Bareilles Opens Up About "Love Song" (VIDEO)

Sara Bareilles has revealed in the past that her smash hit "Love Song" was written in response to her label asking her to write a love song, but now she says that is not true. 





"No, nobody ever said that," Bareilles, 35, told the Huffington Post, noting that the story is a "distilled version of the truth."


"People sort of want to hear what they want to hear," the singer explained, adding: "It makes for an easy one-liner to be like: "So the big bad record label wanted you to write love songs and this is you fighting back." It's not that it's not true, but it wasn't that simple."


Sara claims that the inspiration for "Love Song" came from horrible co-writing sessions that her record label wanted her to do.


"The co-writing sessions, I think for me, they came at a time where I was still so unsure of my own edges. In a way, I was still sort of discovering who I was as an artist at that time. And while I don't think that any of those collaborators had any bad intentions, I just don't think I was ready to collaborate," Bareilles was quoted as saying.





Sara insists the track really is a love song.


"It was a love song to my craft. It was a love song to my intention, to my heart and soul. I was fighting for the essence of some truth inside of me, which to me is a beautiful love song. It just wasn't a duet between Peter Cetera and Amy Grant," Sara jokingly said, adding: "It wasn't going to be the end title in a romantic comedy, at all."

Check out the video below...
 
 


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts