Katharine Hepburn Quotes

1. If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
 





2. I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid.



3. Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around.



4. Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.


5. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything.

6. Life is hard. After all, it kills you.



7. Acting is a nice childish profession - pretending you're someone else and, at the same time, selling yourself.



8. If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.



9. We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.




10. I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.



11. Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.



12. Enemies are so stimulating.



13. Why slap them on the wrist with feather when you can belt them over the head with a sledgehammer.




14. As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.



15. If you want to give up the admiration of thousands of men for the distain of one, go ahead, get married.




16. It's a rather rude gesture, but at least it's clear what you mean.

17. Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn't interest you, don't do it - I would have made a terrible mother.

18. If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.



19. I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.



20. Plain women know more about men than beautiful women do.

21. To keep your character intact you cannot stoop to filthy acts. It makes it easier to stoop the next time.

22. The average Hollywood film star's ambition is to be admired by an American, courted by an Italian, married to an Englishman and have a French boyfriend.



23. Without discipline, there's no life at all.

24. My greatest strength is common sense. I'm really a standard brand - like Campbell's tomato soup or Baker's chocolate.

25. Only the really plain people know about love - the very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they soon exhaust their talents.



26. Acting is the perfect idiot's profession. 



27. Never complain. Never explain.



28. Dressing up is a bore. At a certain age, you decorate yourself to attract the opposite sex, and at a certain age, I did that. But I'm past that age.



29. Trying to be fascinating is an asinine position to be in.


30. Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about.

31. It's life isn't it? You plow ahead and make a hit. And you plow on and someone passes you. Then someone passes them. Time levels.

32. I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky.



33. Acting is the most minor of gifts. After all, Shirley Temple could do it when she was four.

34. It would be a terrific innovation if you could get your mind to stretch a little further than the next wisecrack.



35. When I started out, I didn't have any desire to be an actress or to learn how to act. I just wanted to be famous.


36. It's a business you go into because your an egocentric. It's a very embarrassing profession.

37. To be loved is very demoralizing.



38. If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior.





39. The thing about life is that you must survive. Life is going to be difficult, and dreadful things will happen. What you do is move along, get on with it, and be tough. Not in the sense of being mean to others, but being tough with yourself and making a deadly effort not to be defeated.



40. I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I've just done what I damn well wanted to, and I've made enough money to support myself, and ain't afraid of being alone.



41. What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.



42. Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh.


43. Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.


44. You can't change the music of your soul.

45. What in the world would we do without our libraries?

46. I have loved and been in love. There's a big difference.



47. If you need a helping hand, you can find one at the end of your arm.



48. Everyone thought I was bold and fearless and even arrogant, but inside I was always quaking.





49. I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.



50. Wouldn't it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as they die suddenly?



51. Most people our brought up to believe they are as good as the person next to them, I was told I was better.





52. I would have made a terrible parent. The first time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill him.



53. I could peel you like a pear and god himself would see the justice in it.



 

54. Children need boundaries, so they can know how far they have to go to get beyond them.


55. F... the roots.









56. I don't care what is written about me as long as it isn't true.




57. Now how can anybody look at that and not believe in God? I mean, how can anybody look at this and not believe there is some higher power, some divine force at work in the universe greater than Man, some god that created it, that created all this, that created us?


58. You politicians remain professional because the voters remain amateur.



59. No part of marriage is the exclusive province of any one sex.


60. Listen to the Song of Life.



61. I was fearless...and lawless.




62. The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower - suitable to any occasion. I carried them on my wedding day, and now I place them here in memory of something that has died.









63. I don't feel the slightest interest in the next world; I think it's here. And I think anything good that you're going to do, you should do for other people here and not so you can try to have a happy time in the next world.



64. My father had been disgusted and heartsick over the fact that I wanted to act. Thought it a silly profession closely allied to street-walking.



65. He's worked his entire life and he's never lived a single moment, I mean not a moment, in the real world.(about Michael Jackson)


66. Someone asked someone who was about my age: "How are you?" The answer was, "Fine. If you don't ask for details."


67. I can remember walking as a child. It was not customary to say you were fatigued. It was customary to complete the goal of the expedition.




What do you think of Katharine Hepburn quotes?
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts