Lady Gaga "Body Revolution": Bulimia And Anorexia Battle

Lady Gaga has begun her own "body revolution."










On
Tuesday (September 25), Mother Monster launched a page titled "A Body Revolution 2013" on her Little Monsters site, encouraging fans to embrace and share their flaws. For that reason she shared a somber photo of herself wearing yellow lingerie via her Little Monsters website. "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15," Gaga wrote in the caption.

The revelation came on the heels of Gaga's recent radio interview with Elvis Duran, in which she admitted to being on a diet "because I gained, liked, 25 pounds" during her five weeks off between tour dates.


At the time, the Grammy winner insisted she didn't "feel bad about" putting on a few extra pounds. "Not even for a second."

"I have to be on such a strict diet constantly," Gaga explained. "It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."


It has to be noted that Gaga shared some words of wisdom from Marilyn Monroe via Twitter on September 22: "To all the girls who think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful ones. It's society who's ugly," Mother Monster tweeted. Gaga then added: "Thank you to my fans who love me no matter what and know the meaning of real beauty and compassion. I really love you."


It has to be mentioned that months earlier Elton John, 65, claimed he was really worried about his friend's skinny frame. "She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should," John quoted as saying. "I know how tiny she is and I do worry about her, yes."


"My mother and I created the BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION for one reason: "to inspire bravery," Gaga stated on the site. "This profile is an extension of that dream. Be brave and celebrate with us your "perceived flaws," as society tells us. May we make our flaws famous, and thus redefine the heinous." In another post, Mother Monnster wrote: "Now that the body revolution has begun, be brave and post a photo of you that celebrates your triumph over insecurities."


Needless to say that fans have already flooded the site with personal images, which Gaga herself has been captioning. In one, a fan is looking at herself in the mirror with her stomach exposed. "Emily Rose recovering from anorexia. We support your bravery and have compassion for your pain," Gaga wrote encouragingly. "(and huh gUUrl, you don't need to diet ur FINE AS HELL.)"


But fans aren't only posting photos... Thousands have already commented on the website, thanking Gaga for sharing her battles and giving them an outlet to share their own insecurities. "You give us the strength to take the parts we are supposed to be ashamed of and make them into our pride," Vernoika commented. "Thank you so much for always believing in us and trusting us enough to let us in on your personal life and struggles."


Not long before launching the initiative, Gaga reached out to her fans in a separate post, explaining that they were the sole inspiration behind A Body Revolution 2013. She also addressed her constant battle with her weight and revealed she's happier than ever with her body. "I have been startled and overwhelmed with pride and emotion the past few days. Gratitude mostly. Seeing you post photos of things on your bodies and in your minds that you feel society tells you you should be ashamed of. You are showing them you have no shame," Gaga wrote.

"My weight/loss/gain since I was child has tormented me. No amount of help has ever healed my pain about it. But YOU have," Gaga revealed. "My boyfriend prefers me curvier, when i eat and am healthy and not so worried about my looks, I'm happy. Happier then I've ever been. i am not going to go on a psycho-spree because of scrutiny. This is who I am. And I am proud at any size. And i love you, and want you to be proud in any form you may take as well."

The question is: What do you think of Gaga's "Body Revolution campaign"?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts