1. I think one of the reasons I'm popular again is because I'm wearing a tie. You have to be different.-->
2. More than anybody else I'd like to thank Count Basie for teaching me how to perform.
3. I have a simple life. I mean, you just give me a drum roll, they announce my name, and I come out and sing. In my job I have a contract that says I'm a singer. So I sing.
4. The young people look great on television. They're youthful and have a lot of zip and energy, but when you see them live, they can only do about 20 minutes because they haven't got the training to hold an audience for an hour and a half or so.
5. To work is to feel alive.
6. I still insist that American performers are the best performers in the world.
7. I've been so fortunate because I never really had ups and downs as far as my career. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I've been sold out all over the world.
8. I know the history of the record business so well because I followed Billie Holiday into the record studios. It was so primitive compared to the sophisticated business today.
9. My favorite song is "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" because it's become my signature song. I sang it for six American presidents and five command performances... it's made me a world citizen.
10. Intimate singing had a wonderful style in the '30s and '40s. It came out of Broadway and the jazz of Louis Armstrong and Billie Holliday. But Sinatra created the best romantic era that we've ever had.
11. We're in an era where the demand is for immediate hits that are destined to become obsolescent. Six months later, everyone forgets the artist and the tune. It's become like a con job. Producers, engineers, lawyers and accountants all make money, but the artists don't.
12. We used to do seven shows at day at the Capitol Theater in Washington and the Paramount in New York. The manager said you are doing the young crowd in the morning, the senior citizens in the afternoon, the engaged and married couples in the evening. And he said just sing good songs and everyone would like it. I stayed with that.
13. I've tried to do that for my top assistant wherever I've been, but this is even better because it'll be for my son. I will feel like I've finished the job I was called to do in coming here.
14. I'm just like the relief pitcher in the bullpen keeping my arm warm until they call on me. That's the role I take. It provides great continuity for recruiting, just for the direction of the program.
15. Rosemary Clooney took all of us on the road. We were the first American idols.
16. I'm the kid of baby boomers, and the baby boomers listened to rock-and-roll, not thinking that Sinatra and Bennett were cool. I discovered this music on my own, which is why I really adopted it as my own music.
17. My record royalties right now are four times stronger than when I was the Madonna of my day, ... Now it's over the top. I mean the records, they all hold up through the years.
18. It helps to know there is going to be continuity.
19. This is amazing. I'm overwhelmed. It's music that I love so much from all of these magnificent artists.
20. I'm just so thrilled that all these contemporary artists want to sing with me. They're all making me feel so good.
21. I am very thankful for this opportunity. I can't tell you how much of a privilege and a honor it is for me to follow in the footsteps of my father. Everywhere he has gone, there have been two things that have been consistent when he has rebuilt programs. People have always said they have been full of integrity and passion. There's no question that is what I want to carry on.
22. For the first time in 30 years, Texas manufacturing companies have come together with a singular focus to promote and protect manufacturing jobs in Texas. Manufacturing is central to our state's economic security and its jobs are among the best in our state. Our mission is to advance public policy that promotes these quality jobs for Texans.
23. In all of our efforts, we must be mindful of competitive pressures at home and abroad. Manufacturers are no longer simply competing within our borders. We share the marketplace with countries like China where the average manufacturing worker earns 61 cents an hour.
24. I did not enter the labor Party forty-seven years ago to have our manifesto written by Dr. Mori, Dr. Gallup and Mr. Harris.
25. It's the same each time with progress. First they ignore you, then they say you're mad, then dangerous, then there's a pause and then you can't find anyone who disagrees with you.
26. All war represents a failure of diplomacy.
27. A faith is something you die for, a doctrine is something you kill for. There is all the difference in the world.
28. Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure.
29. The House of Lords is the British Outer Mongolia for retired politicians.
30. We are not just here to manage capitalism but to change society and to define its finer values.
31. If you file your waste-paper basket for fifty years, you have a public library.
What do you think of Tony Bennett quotes?