Jayne Mansfield Quotes

1. A 41-inch bust and a lot of perseverance will get you more than a cup of coffee - a lot more.







2. A woman should be pink and cuddly for a man.

3. I don't want to get involved in the racial situation at the expense of losing fans. I wouldn't say anything too strong but I do know that God created us equal and we're not living up to it.

4. I will never be satisfied. Life is one constant search for the betterment for me.


5. Cary Grant was one of the most marvelous men I've ever met.


6. If you're going to do something wrong, do it big, because the punishment is the same either way.

7. My earliest memories are the best. I always try to remember the good times when Daddy was alive.

8. I am a movie star. 


9. Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.

10. I like being a pin-up girl. There's nothing wrong with it.

11. Men are creatures with two legs and eight hands.

12. It is the most wonderful feeling in the world, knowing you are loved and wanted.

13. We eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables. You are what you eat, you know.


14. Most girls don't know what to do with what they've got.

15. We take our children everywhere we go. I don't believe in having them and then leaving them to someone else to bring up.

16. When I'm 100 I'll still be doing pin-ups.

17. You gotta have a body. 


18. To establish yourself as an actress, you have to become well known. A girl just starting out, I would tell her to concentrate on acting, but she doesn't have to go around wearing blankets.

19. Stars were made to suffer, and I am a star.

20. I don't particularly enjoy publicity, it seems to just follow me around.

21. A lot of happiness can be brought to the mentally distraught by a little understanding.




22. War is a foolish, childish, animalistic, unthinking, unintelligent way of trying to accomplish a purpose.

23. I want to earn my own way, I like having nice things but I've never accepted anything I haven't earned.

24. I'd like ten more babies and ten more chihuahuas and a few Academy Awards. Meanwhile, I enjoy being a sex symbol and making people happy.




25. No one wants to see or read about a dull subject. I don't consider myself a dull subject.

26. I've got the strangest build. It's big in the hips, small in the waist and I've got these enormous…shoulders.

27. Looks don't regulate a girl's body temperature, at least not this girl's body temperature. Intelligence in a man is the keynote and no girl in her right mind is going to go shopping for a man who's handsome and husky alone.


28. To function as an actress, I have to be in love. I have to have that incentive to work.

29. I didn't come to Hollywood to be the girl next door. I came to be a movie star.

30. My father was the only man I ever knew who really loved me unselfishly, who never used me for personal gain.


31. Once you were a starlet, then you're a star. Can you be a starlet again?

32. If you want the best things in life you have to earn them for yourself.

33. I like the California style of living.

34. (Upon learning that 20th Century-Fox had lied to her about being considered for the lead in a film about the life of Jean Harlow) I have thousands of letters here, from people all over the world, saying I am the perfect Harlow…even naturally have her mannerisms of caressing my body and arms in that way. But no, they can't see me playing the dramatic side of Harlow's life.

35. I guess a lot of people think that a girl who shows her bosom and wears tight dresses can't be close to God. God has always been close to me. Only He knew what was in my heart.

36. I have always considered my career self and my personal self as two different and separate people. There's a Jayne Mansfield at home, a wife and devoted mother, and there's Jayne the sex symbol, which is my career. I have always kept them completely apart and separate.





37. Sex appeal is a wonderful, warm, womanly, healthy feeling. If you're a woman it's womanly, if you're not it's manly…it comes only from inside… it's an effervescent desire to enjoy life.

38. You know which title I like best? I like to be called mother.

39. We rise in glory as we sink in pride.

40. If you're a preacher, you talk for a living, so even if you don't make sense, you learn to make nonsense eloquently.

41. Civil rights leaders are involved in helping poor people. That's what I've been doing all my life.

42. Look at those they call unfortunate and at a closer view, you'll find many of them are unwise.

43. My hope for my children must be that they respond to the still, small voice of God in their own hearts.

44. The commercialization of sport is the democratization of sport.

45. On the soft bed of luxury many kingdoms have expired.

46. To find people who don't want anything is rare.

47. Tomorrow is the day when idlers work, and fool reform, and mortal men lay hold on heaven.

48. Influence is like a savings account. The less you use it, the more you've got.


49. No one who's white thinks he's innocent. No one who's black thinks he's guilty.

50. It is a blessing to die for a cause, because you can so easily die for nothing.

51. I tried. But not everybody thought so.

52. Moral power is probably best when it is not used. The less you use it the more you have.

53. Wishing of all strategies, is the worst.


54. I have about concluded that wealth is a state of mind, and that anyone can acquire a wealthy state of mind by thinking rich thoughts.


55. Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.

56. Once the Xerox copier was invented, diplomacy died.

57. I have committed my life to helping the poor, and I believe that if more companies followed Wal-Mart's lead in providing opportunity and savings to those who need it most, more Americans battling poverty would realize the American dream.





58. President Jimmy Carter was a citizen soldier. Ironically, he was considered weak because he didn't kill anybody and he didn't get anyone killed.

59. In a world where change is inevitable and continuous, the need to achieve that change without violence is essential for survival.

60. Nothing risque, nothing gained.

61. Mickey is a hard worker. He takes care of the house, looks after my animals, and satisfies me. What else can one expect of a man?  (On her second husband, Mickey Hargitay)

62. Honey, beside me, you look like Tony Randall!  (Remark to one of the Gabor sisters)

63. I don't know why you people (the press) like to compare me to Marilyn or that girl, what's her name, Kim Novak. Cleavage, of course, helped me a lot to get where I am. I don't know how they got there.

64. I've been identified with pink throughout my career, but I'm not as crazy about it as I've led people to believe. My favorite colors are actually neutrals - black and white - but then who thinks of a movie queen in black and white? Everything has to be in living color.

What do you think of Jayne Mansfield's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog psot if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts