Matthew McConaughey On His Dramatic Weight Loss

Matthew McConaughey's extreme weight loss for his latest role has made Matthew looking like skin and bones but he is  defending his image, claiming he's losing the weight in a "really healthy way" and is "not being starved."






In detail, Matthew is portraying a man who has AIDS in the upcoming film "The Dallas Buyers Club" and he's dropped to a shocking 143 pounds, but he defended his dramatic weight loss transformation, stating he is not just eating one cracker a day.


"I feel fine. I really do," Matthew, 43, who is 6 feet tall, revealed about his shocking transformation.

To be more exact, the movie is based on the true story of Ron Woodruff, a drug addicted straight man who was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS in 1986 and fought the government and the U.S. pharmaceutical industry to get access to anti-viral drugs being used against HIV in other countries.

"I got the means to lose the weight in a really healthy way. I'm eating fresh fish. I'm just eating small amounts. I'm not being starved," Matthew revealed to The Daily Beast.


Photos from the set show McConaughey on set appearing significantly skinny and gaunt, but he insists he is not suffering from dropping the pounds.



"I'm sleeping well. I've got clean meals that I'm cooking for myself. It's just really an exercise in discipline. If anything, it's as much a spiritual journey as it is physical. My body is fine. I'm taking care of myself. Everything has shrunk quite a bit", Matthew was quoted as saying.


Matthew, who recently played a well toned stripper in Magic Mike, claimed he feels different than he used to though.




"It's really been enlightening to understand my anatomy. I don't have the leverage I used to. I have body soreness," Matthew told.

"I've been checked. My levels are fine. I'm as healthy as can be. My blood pressure, everything's fine. The real health challenge is when you put it back on. It's very easy to create a form of diabetes if you don't do it right. You can't just start eating cheeseburgers and ice cream. Your body will go into shock and it just won't work," Matthew continued.


Matthew isn't eating sweets, saying he can't even have a little ice cream











"No. I would love to,"
Matthew added.


What do you think of Matthew McConaughey's dramatic weight loss transformation? Isn't it scary?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts