1. I am very slow to warm. I've always been sort of a loner. I didn't play team sports. I am better one-on-one than in big groups.
2. I am one of 40 grandchildren. What bothers me about the whole trust-fund thing is that it sort of presumes that everything is handed to you. And if there is one thing about my family that I do identify with, it is that everyone is extremely hardworking. Also, the people whom I grew up with all did things they really loved. And I think that's an important lesson.
3. As a 12-year-old, I think everything seems scary.
4. I always wanted to be an actor, but I was always fighting it. It never seemed that honorable to me, and I guess I was always afraid that I might fail.
5. I didn't even have pierced ears. They put four holes in each ear, and, weirdly, that hurt the most.
6. I can understand wanting to be invisible and mistrusting people and wanting to understand everything before you engage with the world.
7. I grew up in a little cul-de-sac in the suburbs and went to public school. I went to Costco on the weekends.
8. I'm not at all funny. I can do dark comedy pretty well, but straight-up comedy, I don't know. I'm much darker. I've been like that since I was 3 years old.
9. I looked on YouTube for sleep deprivation and there were videos of people experimenting with staying awake for a while. You saw all the different stages.
10. I've been trying to really live in the moment because I will never get this part of it back. As soon as the movie comes out, everyone will turn it into what they believe it is, so I've really been trying to appreciate every minute of now. Because I know what's coming.
11. Just because the character listens to an iPod and wears black nail polish, she's goth. That was just a misused word.
12. Now I literally roll out of bed and put on whatever is there. I have really enjoyed being a boy this last year.
13. My sister started acting professionally when she was twelve, but I wanted to go to college first.
14. One of the things that make our version that much more heartbreaking is that even though I am playing a 24-year-old I look much younger. I look like a child.
15. There were certainly things I was scared to do, but I never thought I wasn't up for the challenge.
16. The more people know about you, the less they can project who you are supposed to be. It's unfortunate that you really only get one shot at that.
17. There's a certain way people are used to seeing nude women, and that's in a submissive, coy pose, not looking at the camera. And in this poster, I'm looking dead into the camera with no expression on my face. I think it freaks a lot of people out.
18. If anything, I didn't mean that the storyline was ridiculous; I meant that humanity is ridiculous. I know that "Law & Order" makes their episodes out of real things that are happening in the city, so to me, by "ridiculous" I meant that humanity is ridiculous.
19. It was so awful. So stupid. People are obsessed with that show. I don't get it. Me and my boyfriend...went and beat up these fat people, and at the end of the show you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people. It's ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they're fat? And as retribution, they sodomized her. I mean, I've been sodomized since the beginning of my career. I should have known then it would come full circle. (appearing on "Law & Order:SVU" for an episode)
20. People, especially with young girls, they feel the need to make them out to be a certain way, and I feel so grateful for any job I've ever gotten. I feel grateful for the student jobs I did, I feel grateful for being an extra in some of the things my sister did. I feel like every single job that I've done has shaped who I am and has led me to where I am now.
What do you think of Rooney Mara's quotes?