Monica Bellucci Quotes

1. In a couple, sometimes, one or both people have to give up their personal life, dreams and ambitions for the good of the family.


2. After a while in marriage, it doesn't work anymore. There is something missing, there is something wrong. There are few marriages that stay alive forever. We like something, and after a while, we hate what we used to love.

3. Envy is human nature. 


4. I believe that time destroys everything. You can take one beautiful apple, red. After a while, it becomes shrivelled and full of worms, just like what happens to us.





5. I'm a lucky person because I've been loved a lot. I have a great family.

6. I know many beautiful people and their lives are just so terrible. They feel so uncomfortable with themselves. Being comfortable is not about what you look like, but how you feel.


7. When a relationship doesn't work anymore, it's terrible to stay with someone that you don't love.


8. When people divorce, it's always such a tragedy. At the same time, if people stay together it can be even worse.



9. An actor works with their soul and their thought.

10. I feel fine and comfortable with myself, but not because I'm beautiful.


11. I have no idea how I'm perceived in America because I don't live the reality of America.


12. I think the lawyers are such incredible actors. Can you imagine the performance they have to do every day?

13. I'm not a movie star. I'm just an actress.

14. If you have a script that's not great, if you have a great director, you can make a great movie, but if you have a great script with a director who's not good, never are you going to have a good movie.


15. Irreversible is not glamorous at all. I try to do different things because I want to grow as an actress and I like to take risks.






16. In acting process, it's very difficult to explain. It's something very intimate, very private.

17. Now, all the movies are for teenagers. It's very difficult for an actress to find really deep, beautiful characters to play.


18. It's not the Jews that killed Christ. It was a political situation, and it was the Romans who killed Jesus. They put Jesus on the cross, not the Jews.



19. Mel is a great director because he's not just a director, he's an actor, so he knows how to direct actors. I loved working with him. He's great as a director. He's so intelligent. He's generous. I really loved him.


20. Sometimes it's more difficult to exist as a female lead, especially in action movies because all those men are around you. They take so much place.


21. When I eat with my friends, it is a moment of real pleasure, when I really enjoy my life.

22. We all need illusions. That's why we love movies.

23. When I have to go to Cannes, that is boring to me.


24. When I make an American movie it's going to come out all over the world-it doesn't happen the same way for an Italian film or a French film.





25. When you see a silent movie, you understand everything that's going on from the images because the images are so strong.

26. When you're in front of the camera, for a small budget or a big budget movie, there's no difference.


27. My body is so important to me...my face, my arms, my legs, my hands, my eyes, everything. I use everything I have.







28. I come from a Catholic religion, but I'm not Catholic.

29. (talking about her daughter Deva.) I didn't have familiarity with children. I'm learning day after day, with her. And what impress me the most is that she, Deva, is an individual person. But in miniature, she seems to be a special effect.


30. After love, the man sleeps, while the woman reflects.

31. Beauty becomes alive and interesting when it's habited.

32. Being an actress is the sublimation of feminity.

33. The human intelligence has progressed at the technological level; not a the level of feelings.

34. It is a handicap if you're stupid, but not if you are intelligent and know how to use your beauty.


35. Acting is not words. Holly Hunter didn't speak in The Piano (1993) and she won an Oscar.



36. I live in Paris but I feel I am a daughter of Europe.

37. When I'll be old, I'd rather watch my children than my films.


38. My career, at the moment, is very exciting, but love comes first because it balances me.







39. I listen to "young" music, the one from my age. I adore soul, rap and funky.

40. (on her husband's support when Irreversible (2002) was released) Vincent was so incredible, so sweet. When we went to Cannes for the film, you know the moment when I come out from the tunnel and we see me for the first time completely with blood all over, he was crying. I said: "Vincent, come on. It's just a movie. We know it's not real."


41. As a European, I need to stay in Europe and I make Italian movies, French movies. Then to come to America is something interesting for me.





42. (about reality TV) I think this is something that touches every country - America, Italy, France, England, all over. You will see all these people, they don't know how to sing, they don't know how to dance, and still they become famous. You know, just celebrities. And I think this is a very dangerous process.


43. This is what I like about America, because you have very big budget movie, and also independent movies, so you have many different choices. But I know that I'm European… Being European, it is not easy to find the right project, because you may look different, you sound different, and you have to find the right character.

44. As a woman I am so curious about prostitutes because of the idea that they know men better than you. Also, it's such a strange way to live. But at the same time there are prostitutes who just want to be prostitutes, and this is this woman, nobody pushed her to do it. She's a prostitute because she wants to be a prostitute. It's her philosophy of life.


45. I'm not scared by nudity, because for me, nothing is more beautiful than a body. You can have such an amazing emotion from a body. In Irreversible (2002), I treated my body like it was an object and it's great when you can have this kind of relation with your body, it's a part of your job, an object you can work with. When you can have this kind of freedom it's the moment where you can give your best as an actress.

46. In 10 years I've done so many things. In the beginning I didn't know if I was still a model, if I was an actress. I knew I wanted to be an actress, but it was so difficult to be believed. Now things are going better and better and the proposals I have are much more interesting than five years ago. It's like getting older is getting better.

47. Maybe the reason I work a lot is because each director thinks that I'll be better with him. Maybe the moment where I'll be completely accepted I won't work any more.


48. (Talking about why she will not move to Hollywood to further her film career) I could never live there. They are obsessed with youth and beauty even more than us. There is this thing in America where actresses reach 40 and go mad. The film industry wants all these young people. They also like a different sort of woman (to me). I will never be skinny. I also had a child a year ago, and I have been lazy. I love to eat. Who cares? I am natural.

49. A little child has a beautiful doll. The child loves the doll, but then wants to break the doll to see what's inside. We are the same.


50. All my choices are a bit strange. In Malena, I have strong scenes. In Tears of the Sun I'm dirty and full of mud all over and I have tears all the time.




51. Everyone knows the history of Jesus. So, when you're going to see what happened, you've heard about him so many times that you'll understand what's going on.

52. For women in the film it was difficult to be there with just men around. It's difficult to have the perseverance to exist as a character when you're a female in the middle of all those men.


53. I believe we have a natural instinct which is very strong. If we get into it and try to understand all we have inside, we can find the power we have.





54. I didn't read any script because we didn't have a script. You have to be really confident when you work with that.

55. I don't know America very well because each time that I come, it's for five days or I'm shooting or I do some appointments and then I go back.


56. I don't think I want to do films like Irreversible every day because it takes so much out of me. You have to give so much.


57. I have my way to do action. I don't jump on the wall, I don't fight, I have another way to fight.

58. I have nothing against comedy. I'm looking for the right thing.

59. I hear that everybody is talking about the Passion film being controversial, and nobody has seen the movie. Visually it's going to be beautiful and strong, but I don't understand what can be so controversial.


60. I knew that this would happen. It's a great moment, but I know it won't be like that forever.





61. I know I'm going to see people that I love die before me because they're older. I know that I have to get through all those horrible things in life.

62. I turned down so many things because even though they can be huge, successful movies, just because it's not my kind of thing, and I follow what I feel.


63. I work in Hollywood but I never stay in Hollywood. I don't have a house. I don't need to live in America to work in America.






64. I'll do my best for the performance. I try to be real, I try to be deep and strong.

65. I'm European and to come into this country and have the possibility to work with really young and talented directors like the Wachowski Brothers is great.


66. It was difficult to be in the jungle for five months.



67. It's always a tragedy when people leave each other. It's so difficult to give lessons about this subject.



68. It's great as an actress to work in many countries, different cultures.

69. It's not about the beauty, the charm or the sensual appearance; it's more about acting and that's what I'm happy about.


70. Many men wait for women to make the decisions. He feels like he can't express himself.


71. Maybe it's natural of human beings to kill what we love.

72. My character is Persephone. She's like a vampire of emotions. There is something really tragic about her because she doesn't have any feelings.

73. Some movies go deep inside you and then you have to see the monsters we have inside.


74. There are so many things going on here. Everything goes so fast compared to Europe.

75. To stay together as a couple, you have to satisfy so many things, and there is a moment when maybe you explode.

76. We all yell a lot, which is typical of Italian people. We yell by phone and we yell all the time.

77. When I come here, I get skinnier and my heart goes so fast, and I don't walk, I run. Everything, so many phone calls and so many things to do.


78. Walking down the street now is even worse. Before, it was just because I was beautiful; now it's because I'm beautiful and famous. Everyone wants you at the same time, everyone hates you at the same time.

79. Terry Gilliam is considered in Europe as a genius…He has this freedom as a director - this fantasy. And he discovers what he wants from actors as he directs them, so you have to be on your toes.


80. It's a strong warning especially for actors who are prone to being image-conscious. When their image is gone their world and life collapse.




81. Today, when I see the scene on screen, I can't handle it. I look away.


What do you think of Monica Bellucci's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts