Is Joy Behar Jewish ?

Just in case you wonder: "Is Joy Behar Jewish?", the truth is that Behar, 70, is not Jewish.  


To be more exact, American comedian, writer, actress and a co-host on the ABC talk show "The View" Joy Behar (real name: Josephina Victoria Occhiuto), was born in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, to a Catholic family of Italian descent. Her mother, Rose, was a seamstress, and her father, Gino Occhiuto, was a truck driver for Coca-Cola.



It has to be noted that Behar talks of being confused for Jewish all the time. "Everyone thinks I'm Jewish. I'm not. Last year I got a call: "Happy Hanukkah." I said: "Ma, I'm not Jewish."" Behar joked.  (As reported in The Boston Globe - April 20, 2008)






Behar has identified herself as agnostic.

 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts