Matt Damon: "Brad Pitt Called Me "Bastard" Because He's Jealous Of My Privacy"

Matt Damon spoke out to Esquire about stardom and family life for the August cover story.


Damon, 42, claimed that he feels lucky that his marriage to Luciana Barroso, who isn't a movie star, means he can enjoy a level of calm that eludes his pal Brad Pitt.

"If you can control the celebrity side of celebrity, then it's worth it," Damon explained, noting: "I look at Brad - and I have for years - and when I'm with him I see the intensity of that other side of it."


Damon continued: "And the paparazzi and the insane level of aggression they have and their willingness to break the law and invade his space - well, I wonder about that trade."

"I remember telling him that I walk my kids to school, and his face just fell," Damon recalled, adding:  "He was very kind, but he was like: "You bastard." Because he should be able to do that, too. And he can't."

Damon revealed to Esquire: "I got lucky. I fell in love with a civilian. Not an actress and not a famous actress at that. Because then the attention doesn't double - it grows exponentially. Because then suddenly everybody wants to be in your bedroom. But I don't really give them anything."


"If I'm not jumping up and down on a bar, or lighting something on fire, or cheating on my wife, there's not really any story to tell," Damon was quoted as saying.

Damon stated: "They can try to stake me out, but they're always going to get the same story - middle-aged married guy with four kids. So as long as that narrative doesn't change too much, there's no appetite for it."



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts