Ellen DeGeneres: "Miss Congeniality Was Written Based On Me"

Ellen DeGeneres was behind the inspiration of a film and beat out an A-list star for a movie role.  




In a new interview with Parade, DeGeneres, 55, claimed she inspired the 2000 hit "Miss Congeniality", starring Sandra Bullock.

"Miss Congeniality was written based on me," DeGeneres was quoted as saying.


"When I was getting ready to cohost the Emmys, the writer saw me (on TV) learning how to walk in a dress and heels. My stylist at the time - a man - was teaching me, and it was ­hilarious. The Miss Congeniality writer saw it and thought it was brilliant," DeGeneres shared.

But that's not Ellen's only noteworthy Hollywood story.


Back when DeGeneres was seeking an acting career, she beat out a popular actress for a part in the 1999 comedy EdTV.





"Jen Aniston is my friend and she recently ­reminded me that I beat her out of that. I got the part and Jen Aniston didn't! That'll probably be the only time that happens," DeGeneres noted.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts