Leah Remini Slams Scientology As A "Lie" In New Interview

Leah Remini slams Scientology in a revealing new interview, describing the religion as "a lie."

In a sitdown with BuzzFeed, Remini, 43, stated she took the decision to quit Scientology because she didn't want her 9-year-old daughter Sofia growing up under the alleged oppressive rule of the Church.


Remini was quoted as saying: "She was getting to the age where the acclimation into the Church would have to start," referencing Scientology's controversial auditing process.

Remini explained to the site that her daughter also made her consider her own childhood, which was spent living in an isolated Scientology compound in Florida.


"We were working from morning until night with barely any schooling. There was no saying no. There was no being tired," Remini recalled.





Remini noted that when she was a child she felt abandoned by her mother, who was always working at the Church.

Remini claimed: "I grew up resenting my mother because she was never home. But my mom thought she was doing something good; she thought she was helping the planet. That's what the Church tells you."


Remini shared: "In my house, it's family first - but I was spending most of my time at the Church. So, I was saying "family first," but I wasn't showing that. I didn't like the message that sent my daughter."

Remini pointed out that when she attempted to implement some changes from within the Church to make life more bearable, everyone turned their backs on her.

"That showed me they didn't actually care, which went against everything I thought we stood for. They only cared that their lives would be disrupted if they stood with me. They didn't care about doing the right thing. That showed me everything the Church taught me was a lie," Remini went on.


"In the Church, you're taught that everybody is lost. They say they're loving, caring, non-judgmental people, but secretly, they were judging the world for not believing what they believed. To me, that is not a spiritual person. That's a judgmental person and that is the person that I was," Remini added.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts