Lena Dunham In Glamour: "I Don't Know If I'm Going To Want To Act Anymore"

In a new interview with Glamour, Lena Dunham discusses beauty, would-be imitators and men.  



"I feel prettier with a naked face and ChapStick," Dunham, 27, told the mag, adding: "But a good haircut makes a huge difference."

Lena revealed that she may not act in front of the camera forever.


"I don't know if I'm going to want to act anymore. I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to. I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts," Dunham was quoted as saying.



"That's something I've come up against - people (thinking) "If HBO had just asked me, I would have made a TV show that was just as good but included more people or was smarter or funnier." Like: "Hey, just give me half an hour and a million dollars, and I'll do this,"" Dunham claimed.


As for dating, Dunham said of a "supportive relationship": "It's somebody who gives you the space and time you need to do your work. Somebody who says: "You couldn't do anything that would embarrass me. Just be yourself in a way that has integrity, and I'll be proud of you.""



But that's not all.

Dunham noted: "I think women are conditioned to stand by their man and watch them make it to the top, but most men never believe the person they get into a relationship with is going to rise any higher than she was when they met. It takes a very special, evolved person to be able to deal with change within a relationship."

It appears that Dunham is lucky to find the right match with boyfriend Jack Antonoff.


"Yeah! (Before Jack) I was all tortured about whether I should get back together with this guy I'd been seeing for five months. We'd broken up, and it felt like my only chance at romance for the rest of my life," Dunham recalled, explaining: "But Nora was like: "No, no, no." So I broke up with him in January, Girls debuted at the beginning of April, and then I met Jack at the end of April. The dialogue around the show already existed, so it was sort of clear to him what the baggage of dating me was going to be."

"I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like: "God, all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bullsh-t." It's funny, 'cause in some ways that's the conversation we still have when I'm upset (about stuff I read), Dunham concluded.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts