Rupert Grint Quotes

1. I do get one chance to dance, I had to dance with Maggie Smith. That was the only dancing experience I had, which was actually quite enough really.  




2. The most challenging scene for me was the spider scene, because I don't like spiders in real life. Even rubber ones I get really scared of.

3. So yes, I do want to try and keep things going if I can. I have a few things brewing... And if it doesn't happen, I did buy an ice cream van a while ago. So I always have that to fall back on.


4. Getting the part for the first film was amazing and the travelling you get to do, places I'd never go if it wasn't for doing this. I'm quite grateful for all that part of it, it's been a great five years.


5. Things at home didn't change much. I still have to clean my own room!

6. I am quite into comedies, so I wouldn't mind doing an animated movie. It would be quite cool to do the voices. That would be different.


7. Actually, my name was the one that my parents pulled out of the hat. Really. There were other names they put in this hat, and they pulled out "Rupert" first.




8. I've tried to stay pretty normal throughout all the films, and my friends and family have helped in that. I've just kept living the same way.

9. The budget on Harry Potter is really big and we work in the studios with all these really expensive sets. In Driving Lessons, we just sort of went filming around London. There are no special effects. It was really simple, really. I quite like that way of working.


10. Walking into the great hall for the first time was absolutely incredible...it was just incredible, it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.


11. In terms of filming, yes, it really does feel over now. There's a real sense of freedom now. It's a good time to finish, I think. As much as I'm going to miss it I'm ready to move on and do different things.


12. I am famous for losing things, especially my mobile phone - which I seem particularly good at losing on the golf course.




13. I like the sound of Malfoy. He's pretty nasty at times, and that would be quite fun (to play). It would be cool to have the audience against me.

14. Art was a subject I excelled in (at school), and I really like drawing caricatures.


15. I like all Jim Carrey films. They're really funny.


16. I've quite a big problem with laughing and corpsing in front of the camera and (Julie Walters would) just make me laugh.

17. There is some truth in that statement. I don't like school, which makes it easier for me not to do my homework. Evidently, my professors aren't very happy, and being in the "Harry Potter" movies doesn't give me any special treatment. For example, when I returned to school after Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) finished shooting, I had several hours of detention because I hadn't done my schoolwork.


18. I liked the slug scene best. They actually tasted really nice coz they were all different flavors - chocolate, peppermint, orange and lemon!




19. I would date a fan, I don't have a problem with that. I look for a good sense of humor in a girlfriend.

20. I've never fancied that footballer lifestyle. I suppose I could live that kind of flash life. People stereotype child actors and kind of expect you to go off the rails a bit, be a bit crazy, but that's not really happened yet. I've got a big family so that helps, and they live really close to the studios so it's just so much easier.


21. I'd be happiest standing at the back, strumming my little banjo where no one could see me. Yeah that would suit me fine.


22. I like going to see bands. I've seen the Foo Fighters, the Strokes and Velvet Revolver.

23. After being in Harry Potter, I believe a bit more in magic than I did before.

24. It would be quite good to be a Formula 1 (race car) driver.


25. Leave home? It's quite a scary thought. I'm not the most independent person and that's the result. When you're always surrounded by people it becomes quite normal.




26. There's no point in me trying to hide. With the amount of hair I've got and how bright a colour it is, I can't really stay incognito. I stand out.

27. I found out that you could audition by sending a picture of yourself and some information to Newsround.


28. (what his magic power would be) I would probably be invisible so I can sneak (out of) detentions!


29. It's weird doing romance. I've never been attracted to playing a romantic lead.

30. Actually there is this question that always comes up which is "have you met Daniel Radcliffe?"

31. When the director set an exercise to help us get to know our characters, I was supposed to describe Ron but I forgot to do it. But Alfonso thought it was like Ron, so he was OK about it.



32. Ron was always my favorite character, because I feel like I relate to him, like we've both got red hair, we both like sweets, we've both got lots of brothers and sisters.

33. I've known Emma Watson since she was 9, we've watched each other grow up, formed this sort of brother/sister bond, and suddenly I'm leaning in to kiss her. Well, it felt completely wrong…but, you know, you try to sink into the character and divorce yourself from it. We ended up laughing hysterically afterwards.


34. All the action stuff is great…We used to get a ballet choreographer to teach us all these kind of wand moves…


35. They were just kind of simultaneous - the film ending and the sets being destroyed. I was struck the first time I saw the Great Hall become a big pile of burning rubble and getting scattered around. It's really quite shocking for the fans.

36. (regarding Dan and Emma's kiss in Deathly Hallows Part: 1) I actually wasn't allowed to be there when they did it because I kept laughing, so Emma sent me out.


37. I think coughing up slugs was quite hard. Ron has a scene where he has to cough up these giant slugs. I had this giant slug in my mouth loaded with slime and I spat them out. I think it was plastic. I hope it was plastic.

38. I still get called ginger a lot, but I don't mind that as I'm used to it. And I'm in great company, look at Nicole Kidman!


39. I get recognized sometimes, and that's really cool. I've tried certain disguises, but that doesn't work.

40. I was really nervous. Even when I left the audition I was nervous.

41. I've just started school again, and it was a bit strange to start off with; it took me three or four days to get used to it. My friends have been great, they've been treating me normally.

42. I'd like to have the flying car, I think that'd be really cool.


43. The characters in the book grow up with us. My voice has broken as well.

44. I went out with people, but never anything too serious. It wasn't that easy. Now it's something I'm really looking forward to.

45. But I like all the books. You've got to read them all to get the complete Harry Potter experience.


46. I don't quite feel 21. I guess I still think I'm 16.

47. I'd like to levitate.

48. I don't know if I'm going to start collecting cars. I've always been pretty sensible until I had the ice cream van.

49. To act scared, I think of something scary, like maybe a teacher I had. Although then I might get too scared!

50. If (a stunt) is really dodgy, I'll probably just leave it to the professionals. Whenever we get to do a little thing, it's really great fun.


51. Being famous is wicked. But it's better to be normal.





52. I'm shorter, I don't have as many freckles as Ron, and I can't do magic.

53. Well one of the times I did a stunt was in the devil's snare room and they lifted me up on a harness and a safety rope really, really high, and they just dropped me down into the devil's snare.


54. You sit on a broomstick for hours and it starts to hurt. It gives you a numb bum.





55. I've never been seriously involved with anyone. I've certainly never been in love. I've always preferred to keep things casual.

56. It's always at the back of my mind that acting might come to an end for me when Harry Potter finishes. I don't know if I'm good enough to have a long career. I've got a bit of an inferiority complex about my acting. My self-esteem is quite low in that sense.


57. I want Ron to stand up to Malfoy and punish him.


58. One in the third film, I'm looking forward to meeting one of the Dementors.

59. Don't have a favorite subject, I think I want to carry on doing this because I really enjoy it.


60. We had a dialogue coach. She helped us with our T's.


61. I was always a big fan of the books and over the years I've become quite attached to Ron and we've meshed into the same person, really.

62. People recognize me, call me Ron, and ask me questions. It's really cool and weird as well.

63. Every time I come off-set, I am just like a normal kid again.


64. We had a script reading, and that's where we met J.K. Rowling, which was really exciting.

65. Well, before I knew there was going to be a film. I was the biggest Harry Potter fan. I read all the books.


66. We just started filming, and after every scene was shot, we had a rehearsal for the next one.









67. I always wanted to go into acting.

68. (speaking about Ron & Hermione) I don't know - I'm not really looking forward to doing that! But yeah...I hope it doesn't happen. I hope Ron gets killed off before they actually do something.


69. I am a really big Harry Potter fan and I've seen all the sets, I've lived Harry Potter and I don't think it's destroyed the books at all, I think it's really spot on.


70. Yeah, my parents help me keep my feet on the ground.


71. (on his quiff in Cherrybomb) It has taken me a little while to get used to it and especially to seeing so much of my eyes. I am not sure if it's a look I will go for when I go back home, but it may take off though. You never know!


72. But I'd like Ron to turn a bit evil, that's be cool. I've always wanted to play an evil person!

73. Food is a huge part of my life. I went on a haggis fest in Scotland recently.


74. It's not that I find it hard to meet girls - they do come up and chat me up from time to time. Sometimes I'm interested, I tend not to go for the prettier ones. I prefer the quirkier types.




75. It was a new thing for the two of us - though, weirdly, I remember Kim and I doing a crossword in between takes. That definitely took our minds off the deed.

76. It'd be cool to carry on doing films, but when I was a kid I wanted to be an ice cream man.


77. For me the stunts are so cool, they're one of my favorite things when we're doing the film.

78. I really enjoy it because it is a totally different world. I think we do get a bit spoilt on Harry Potter.


79. It's a bit scary when you first get to meet them (adult actors like Gary Oldman) but they are really just down to earth, easy to talk to people. That is one of the reasons I really enjoy acting - you get to meet all these cool people.






80. I do, kind of, spend a lot. And just on stupid things. Because I don't really know what to do. What are you supposed to do? Um. It just seems like way too much. We don't deserve it, at all, for what we do.


81. They were making a chair for the broomstick so it would be comfortable, and I had to wear these skin-tight jeans and sit on on this gelatin thing so they could get the exact shape of my bum, and then they turned it into a chair for the broom.

82. Well, I've been trying to (ride a unicycle) for about two years now, but the only thing I've done is about four pedals and then I fall over horribly.


What do you think of Rupert Grint's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts