Kendrick Lamar Talks Depression And Suicidal Thoughts (VIDEO)

Kendrick Lamar spoke out about his battles with survivor's guilt and suicidal thoughts.  






In a new interview with MTV, Lamar, 27, talked about his track "u," in which he raps about facing inner demons and struggling with depression


In "u," which is included in the rapper's upcoming album "To Pimp A Butterfly," he raps: "I know your secrets…I know depression is restin' on your heart for two reasons…Shoulda killed yo a** a long time ago/You shoulda feeled that black revolver blast a long time ago…The world'll know money can't stop suicidal weakness." When asked if the moody lyrics was a reflection of Kendrick's own thoughts, he stated he "pulled (the) song not only from previous experiences, but, I think my whole life."

"Even situations from Good Kid M.A.A.D City," Lamar noted, referring to his 2012 album. "Nothing was as vulnerable as that record. So it's even pulling from those experiences of coming up in Compton." He revealed that he struggled with a lot of survivor's guilt and found difficulty in dealing with some of the chaos going on back home.

"Three of my homeboys (one) summertime was murdered, close ones too, not just somebody that I hear about," Lamar explained, adding: "These (are) people I grew up with. It's all, psychologically, it mess your brain up. You live this life…but you still have to face realities of this. I gotta get back off that tour bus and go to these funerals…Talk to my mom and talk to their aunties - the kids that lost their lives."


Check out the video below...




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts