Anne Hathaway's Strict Diet Worries Nutritionists !

For the second movie role in a row, Anne Hathaway has literally starved herself to embrace her character.




Sadly, the emaciated results of her method acting could have very dangerous consequences according to nutritionists.

It has to be noted that Hathaway, after her dramatic weight loss in order to portray a gaunt prostitute in "Les Miserables", revealed in the new issue of "Allure" magazine that she has been "doing some crazy weight stuff right now."

"I’m on day six of detox…This diet makes me break out, so I love that. Nothing like living on hummus and radishes and then be all:"And I got a pimple. Yeah!""






While the highly restricted diet helps her embrace her part, it has concerned nutritional expert Jackie Keller, CEO of NutriFit, who has worked with Hathaway in the past.

"Generally speaking, extreme eating regimens are nothing new to many actors and actresses, who often pursue these avenues to get ready for roles. Are they necessary? Not in my opinion," Keller quoted as saying.

"Hummus is a healthy food. Radishes are healthy foods. Kale is a healthy food. Alone or in combination, they don't constitute a healthy diet, or a good way to lose weight, without additional foods," Keller explained.



In her confession regarding her current calorie-restriction, 5'8" Hathaway also revealed that she lived on "kale and dust" while filming the upcoming action film "The Dark Knight Rises".

"It was a psychological terrorist," Hathaway admitted. "The suit, thoughts of my suit, changing my life so I would fit into that suit.... It dominated my year. I didn't understand how you could be thin and strong. I went into the gym for ten months and didn't come out."


Keller revealed that the strict diet Anne Hathaway is currently enduring is a far cry from her previous healthy eating habits.





"I've known Anne to have a well-rounded, balanced approach to vegetarian dietary principles, but can imagine that she feels extreme pressure to stay painfully thin. I also know that it is difficult, but possible, to maintain an extremely low weight without starving," Keller added.



What do you think of Hathaway's extreme diet?


Do you think that Anne should stop her strict eating regime before it becomes dangerous for her health?

 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts