Brittany Murphy Quotes

1. I'd love to be a man for a day, just to see what it's like.



2. The older I get, the more I embrace my own idiosyncrasies.

3. I can play any instrument if you give me 20 minutes.

4. I consider myself a character actor.

5. I don't think Hollywood per se is supposed to be taken seriously, otherwise, dear Lord, that would be frightening.

6. I don't even take myself seriously, so how could I possibly take Hollywood seriously?

7. I find this life so interesting. 


8. I think they should take everyone who works for The National Enquirer and the Star, and everyone who works for Us Weekly, and put them all to work looking for terrorists. I think they would find the terrorists. All of them. It would be genius!

9. If I could be a third of the woman that my mom is and have a third of the strength that she has, then I will have done good by this life.

10. I've always seen myself as one of those "show people." My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people.


11. Sticking to your values, listening to your instincts, making your own choices is so important.


12. Tired is not a word in my vocabulary.

13. You actually can make it, no matter what. I truly am a firm believer in that. Eminem's living proof.

14. Everybody has difficult years, but a lot of times the difficult years end up being the greatest years of your whole entire life, if you survive them.

15. I'm not someone who's generally kept the same hair color. I like to be able to change it. You know, if you can't change your surroundings, change your hair color!


16. I ask a lot because I'm very curious - especially about ex-girlfriends. I'm pretty good at getting the answers, too.

17. I'm a creative person. I've always chosen people who are entertaining themselves.

18. They both look so happy and it's such a pleasure to see two people that are appropriate witnesses, in my humble opinion, for each other's lives.

19. Overall, they've been very kind, or I wouldn't be here. And I'd say 90, 80, 70% accurate.


20. It's hard for me to believe it's been 10 years since that movie. I really was a virgin who couldn't drive. I was living in an apartment in the Valley with my mom - and I remember starting to see these huge billboards of us all over town. It was amazing!

21. I'm absolutely thrilled. It's exciting to be a part of something so big and artistically groundbreaking.

22. They were like kids in a sandbox. It was a great feeling watching their creativity spread to everyone.

23. As the years pass, the more life reaffirms to me that being a strong woman is the right choice.

24. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but I'm very curious. I always ask tons and tons of questions.


25. Everyone has a devil and angel on their shoulder, tempting them to do something.

26. God forgot to give me the jealous bone.

27. "Happy Feet" is a great story about penguins with a lot of humanity in it, and audiences can follow a species we don't know that well.

28. Have a sense of humor about life.

29. I always envisioned her looking like a spindly blonde, but she looked like me.

30. I always had a wealth of respect for journalists. It actually really blows my mind.

31. I don't talk about relationships in print any more. That's one great thing I learned.


32. I don't read the script a zillion times, I don't like to analyze things and my mind can go there very easily.




33. I just love gaining wisdom, any bit where I can get it. Unfortunately, it takes most of the time.

34. I think anybody would be lying if they say they didn't try to control something at some point or another.

35. I'd like to be very, very, very, very old. With all the technology we're inventing and what they're coming up with scientifically, people are having longer lifetimes.


36. I'm a Christian. I go to church when I can. I was raised Baptist. I went to a Lutheran school. I'm a nondenominational practicing Christian. I have a lot of faith.


37. I'm not a wealth of knowledge. I've had four and a half boyfriends in my life and I've gone on two dates.

38. I'm tardy sometimes. I would like to be more orderly and timely.

39. I've always wanted to be really tall for a day. That's kind of a superficial thing. I'm 5'3", but for one day I'd love to be 5'9" and tower over everybody.

40. I've been trained in dancing and I used to be quite good, though I am a bit rusty right now. But I could probably brush up in a couple of months.


41. I've never had to gain weight for a role. Everybody says that's a difficult thing to do, to gain and then lose. But I've never had to go through that.


42. I've noticed there are alter egos within what I've been writing, so I don't know if it's life affecting art or art affecting life.

43. If I was ever to pursue singing professionally, it would be on my own terms with no creative compromise.

44. Individuality is vitally important. When people start to lose their individuality, they start to lose themselves.

45. My sense of history is not very good.


46. Once you're working, you get in the dirt of things. You get your feet dirty - that's part of the job, so no dirt makeup under the nails. It was real.



47. Singing is such a joy. I was never formally trained in acting or singing. I've been singing since I was born.

48. Some secrets should remain secrets, but I'm not sure I can think of myself that way.

49. The most joy that I could possibly get in life is being around my eight nieces and nephews and my family.

50. This whole physical comedy thing is far more me than a lot of other roles that I've played before. It's more truly me than the person that my family has to deal with, the klutz idiot.

51. Tired is not a word in my vocabulary.

52. Voice work still requires a strong sense of character.


53. When I was 14 I could have veered off in two different directions and done one or the other, acting or music. I chose acting and continued writing and doing music for myself.

54. When I was younger, I had a mature-sounding voice, and the things the music companies wanted me to do were not what I wanted to do.

55. Home is where my mom is.

56. I am a serial monogamist so it's hard for me to get a date as it is. One thing I did learn from my last relationship is not to speak about relationships any more.


57. I love Clara Bow. She was the original "It girl". The phrase was coined for her. It was the 1920s, when any form of naturalistic acting wasn't seen on screen before. She really cinematically changed things by showing natural emotions within that heightened reality. She was also a sex symbol at the same time. I love Giulietta Masina, who did a lot of Fellini films. She's brilliant. And Meryl Streep. And Barbra Streisand. I respect multi-taskers so much. Anyone that has a music career and an acting career I think is pretty fantastic.

58. I never really make solid resolutions. I think if there's something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn't have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please - not that it's not a good inspirational tactic for the people that it works for.


59. I have a dream shoe closet. 50 pairs of Christian Louboutins. They are the most stunning shoes, and they fit like a glove.

60. I always wear heels. If not, I'm barefoot.

61. I can't believe that people actually know my first and last name. I think it's really, really, gosh-darn neat.

62. As long as you have yourself to believe in, then you are gonna be okay.


63. I think to call my mom and I best friends is almost an insult to our relationship. She's the greatest in the whole wide world, and I don't feel closer to anyone. She's a pillar of strength, and she doesn't flaunt it. She has this will - she just knows she can get through things. It's inspiring.

64. I'm a giver. I have learned to be selective of the people in my world, because if I love someone, I will give them my blood, whatever they need. In doing so, one can end up with little left for themselves. It's a lesson in self-preservation that I'm still learning. If you don't have yourself, you have nothing to give.


65. I would rather not perpetuate something that isn't true. But no, I have never had an eating disorder. And I don't do drugs. I have a glass of champagne now and then. I'm generally the person dancing at a party who everybody always thinks is the intoxicated one, but I'm really not.

66. Don't beat yourself up and trust and follow your instincts. It's easy to get wrapped up in sharing everyday life with a partner. It's fun to get lost in love and romance. It's the best. But holding on to yourself while doing that is the most important thing.


67. After a breakup, it takes a couple weeks for the fog to settle, but it's always a period of self-priority and growth. Life presents you with so many decisions. A lot of times, they are right in front of your face and they are really difficult, but we must make them. Unfortunately, sometimes relationships don't work out. It's just the way life goes. But hopefully, you learn from them.

68. I would do almost anything for love, within safe boundaries. I have flown to places to surprise people, even if it was just for a day. I think it's so important to keep the romance alive and make sure the fun and spontaneity are there.

69. I'm a really rotten liar. Generally, if I have tried to pull off a lie, it hasn't worked out to my advantage. My mom always said: "Don't lie. Then you never have to remember anything you have said".


70. The thing that I'm learning right now is self-preservation - over the past year I have discovered if you keep on giving and giving, you end up losing yourself. I think that learning to give and receive is the trick. Perfect happiness is also a feeling, and the most amazing thing is that we were all born with the gift to make it happen in a heartbeat. Putting on certain music, reading something can make us feel a certain way; affirmations, letting ourselves breathe, enjoying our loved ones, and enjoying being in our own skin. I think the key to happiness is allowing ourselves to not feel bad or guilty for feeling it, and letting it be contagious. And to not be dependent on other people to create your own happiness.

71. I would like to be happy and healthy, and live as long as possible.

72. I love being in love.

73. I like being carried. I'm 5 foot 3 inches and I have always been the littlest one in class.

74. True beauty comes from within, but if surgery makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.


75. The most important thing my mum did was teach me that poor is a state of mind and that we were rich in love.




76. Who knows what my music will end up sounding like, but hopefully people will really like it. I need to get it out of my body and into a microphone.

77. I'm really, really attached to my purse in a bad way. It has everything. I like that no matter what's going on I have everything here - from CD's to nasal spray and my wallet and gum.

78. After heartbreak, there are different stages. First it's denial, then devastation. Then it's the tears, and then after that it's the chocolate. Then it becomes ambivalence and you get your anger, your fight up. Then you are back on your feet again, and you have learned, hopefully, a new lesson in life.


79. I would like someone that really gets life and has had a broken heart - that's important because that adds character. They don't have to have a broken heart now, but just someone that's had one in the past. Someone that's funny and embraces life, because it's short and it's important and I think we really have to enjoy ourselves. I'm not looking. I think he'll find me.

80. I have been singing anonymously my whole life. I have sung the hooks on a lot of rap and R'n'B songs - I just never took the credit. Music has been a part of my soul since I was born. It's something that I have always done, but I have done it very quietly. I'm also a serious karaoke aficionado. I even have a T-shirt that says "I love Karaoke".


81. When I get on the plane I say a prayer until I know we are up safely. I have a lot of faith and pray a lot. So I gave my trust to God and I ask him to carry the plane safely to the destination. It helped when I realized that a plane was somewhere I could relax and sleep because no one could get in touch with me. So now I look at it like a great big bed in the sky. I associate it with a place of rest.

82. My whole life, now, is being documented and I love it. It's all pretty much like what Winona Ryder told me, that they will always be there during your worst times and your best times. It's a part of my life now and I signed up for this job and I get that it's a part of it, and I can't do without that. The most important thing is to have a sense of humor over the really inaccurate information because if you don't, that will slay you.


83. I think there's truth to so many of the clichés related to the whole love, engagement and marriage thing. I never expected to be a lot of the things I have become, like a really gooey person. But I want to be a better homemaker. I want to learn how to cook well. I really enjoy making my fiancé happy and doing my wifely duties. I don't mean to erase all of the work our parents did for women's lib - that's huge - but I love being Simon's girl.

84. I'm the same size I was in Clueless, it's just that the weight in your face changes as you grow and get older. I used to feel embarrassed about being too tiny. I had a publicist at the time who told me that I should cover my arms up in photos. She felt that if I did that, they would stop picking on me. She meant well, but it made me really self-conscious. Then I came to terms with it. This is my body; I'm proud of it, so who cares? Now I have stopped trying to eat 12 eggs for breakfast. I'm healthy which is the most important.

85. I lost my virginity in a car. But it wasn't a very nice one.


What do you think of Brittany Murphy's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts