Selena Gomez Quotes

1. This is a very superficial job. I sit in a chair for two hours and get hair and makeup done and talk about myself in interviews. That's a very vain thing to do. And I do get caught up in it sometimes.
-->



2. I've had my ring since I was 12 years old. But for me it's not something I want to go around saying: "Hey, look what I have", It's a promise I made to myself and God. I think some people misinterpret that as a trend and think everyone's getting one. (on her purity ring)


3. I'm human, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes all the time, but I guess my job is to keep those mistakes to myself, which I'm already fine doing and just try to be the best I can be for those kids.



4. I'm going to try to pull a Natalie Portman. Natalie went to Harvard while shooting "Star Wars". I don't know how she did it. I want to have lunch with her and ask her - that seems like a bunch of stress right there.

5. I'm going to hang out with people, and I'm going to explore myself and I'm okay with that.


6. I never really said I want to be a role model. But then when it happened I was so down for it.






7. I maybe had a first love and had my heart broken, but reflecting on it, I don't think that was love. I think as I'm getting older and having more in-depth relationships, maybe I'll experience it. At the moment, I don't know, exactly, if I've been in love.


8. I don't like hiding. I do like to keep certain things to myself, but at the end of the day, I'm eighteen, and I'm going to fall in love. 





9.  I don't know if I would've had the opportunity to be on "Wizards of Waverly Place" if it weren't for my heritage. I realize everybody wants what they don't have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what's on the outside! 


10. Everywhere you go you hear things that are untrue. You've just got to learn that if I don't say it, physically out of my mouth, on camera, it's not true.

11. A lot of people would be embarrassed to admit that they were on "Barney", but I embrace the fact. I just had such a wonderful time doing that show. I learned what a camera and prop is, and all that. I learned my manners too, so I guess that's a good thing!

12. The day I got my first letter from a fan, I felt like I'd been touched by an angel. I opened the note and read every single word the fan, Taylor, had to say. She told me she'd been to all of the tapings Wizards - it was unbelievable! I almost cried. I wrote her back this really long letter with an autograph to show her how sweet I thought she was.


13. I don't really like dressing up. Some people probably think actresses dress up everywhere they go. I'm in sweatpants half the time with my hair in a ponytail.




14. It's not as glamorous as it looks. I don't do it for the glamour. I really do it because I love acting. We deal with things at work and we get in trouble every now and then when we have to focus. (about the acting business)

15. I had never done animation, so I thought it would be cool to try something different. (on played the Mayor's daughters in "Horton Hears a Who")


16. I'd love to do my own music for sure. I'd love to have a band. 





17. My perfect guy wears Converse, is totally laid back, and doesn't worry about being cool.

18. I love her. I completely love her and her whole family to death. I will always talk extremely highly of her and I always have. (on Demi Lovato)


19. It is so much fun. It's very soulful and it's kind of got her flair mixed in with my dance kind-of-a-little techno vibe. So it was really amazing and I really loved it. I was extremely honored, cause I'm a huge fan of hers. (on working with Katy Perry)






20. For me, the person that I really admire because they came from this Disney world would be Shia LaBeouf. He had his own show on Disney Channel. He was really funny and I loved his show. Then he started to do films. Now he is doing really great films and he is respected as an actor. I really like him a lot as an actor. I think he is cute, too, so that helps. I feel that I can relate to him the most.

21. I wanted to be like my friends. I hung out with girls who had blue eyes and blond hair and I thought: "I want to look like them!"


22. You kind of can't help who you'll fall in love with. I'd date someone who isn't in the business in a heartbeat. (on revealing she would prefer to date someone who is not famous)





23. I don't actually like dates. I get awkward as I never know what to do.

24. I love Justin. When he first started to come over from Canada his manager contacted me and he just said that he would like to meet me and he was just such a good kid. (on Justin Bieber)

25. Be yourself always, there's no one better!

26. I'm going to be in a band - no Selena Gomez stuff. I'm not going to be a solo artist. I think that I don't want my name attached to it. I basically want to make music that is fun and that parents and kids can jump around to and have a good time to. (on having her own band)


27. I was never the girl who thought I need to make sure I look like all the other girls. I think you look best when you stand out.


28. I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me.

29. Everything happens for a reason and something better will come along for me!

30. You have every right to a beautiful life.

31. Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don't be someone else just be yourself.

32. Breathing in, breathing out, ain't that what it's all about. Living life crazy loud, like I have the right to.


33. A day without you is like a year without rain.

34. If you love something, set it free. And if it really loves you, it will find a way to come back.

35. Part of being me is ignoring the rules and doing whatever I want.

36. You're gonna be the one, when I'm out having fun, you're gonna be the one that's moping.

37. It's all the money that your saving while the good life passes by it's all the dreams that never came true cause your too damn scared try.


38. I've heard the rumors but you won't come clean. I guess I'm hoping it's because of me…







39. Ever since I was about six or seven! My mom did a lot of theatre when I was younger so I grew up around it and I just always loved it. I loved running lines with her, and then one day I tried out for something and got it, and it all started!

40. I love the quote when people say overnight success usually takes about 15 years. And I feel like that's what I've done. I really have worked hard on my show. I mean, the first season of my show we used to have to pay kids to come watch our show.


41. I don't like the whole off-and-on thing. I don't like "taking a break." Either you're with me or you're not.






42. I think you can be more of yourself when you're singing. You can have a little bit more control over it. It's a different process, with going into the studio and not having to worry about what you look like on camera. You write music and perform it, have fun, then go on concert and jam out in front of an audience.

43. I think love is blind. You don't see it, you don't hear what people are saying, or what you're saying. You don't see what you're doing. All you see is the person in front of you. That's it. 


44. Don’t let society get you down. You’re all beautiful, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.



45. All the people who knock me down, only inspire me to do better.

46. What makes you different is what makes you beautiful.

47. It’s important to always say thank you to your BFF.

48. I believe in second chances, but I don't believe in third or fourth chances.

49. Being cool, having a "cool" energy is just not attractive to me.


50. I dress like a 30-year-old woman.




51. I love Katy Perry! She gave me a song for my second album.

52. I have a lot of wonderful people in my life - probably five, collectively - who I can tell everything to.

53. I love Nicki Minaj, Eminem, Katy Perry. They are all about being themselves and I love that.

54. I used to say that I wanted someone cute and nice, an actor too, so he'd get it. But now I think it would be good for me to date someone who's not in the business.


55. I want someone honest, someone who's very sweet to my family and friends, and polite to the other people around me.




56. I've learned that I want what I deny. I want someone who is crazy about me, who treats me like a princess. I want the picture-perfect fairy tale stuff.

57. If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.


58. You reflect on the people who used to be in your life and it's like: "Wow, I can't believe that person was ever really in my life." But people are put into your life for seasons, for different reasons and to teach you lessons.

59. I have the right to live my life and I feel that I have done a good job with my position. I should be able to grow up.

60. Taylor Swift has helped me through some really hard times, we talk every single day. Its kind of amazing that someone like her, who has sold millions of records, is still humble.


61. I don't look at my schedule because I would freak out. It looks like a lot on paper and it really is a lot. But it's a whole lot of what I love. I just did a tour in Europe and it was really hectic. Every time I got in the car, I would ask my mom: "Whats next...fans or business?"

62. Before I go on stage, I drink olive oil. Its disgusting, but its good for your throat. Then I grab my band and we do vocal warm ups and dance. After that, we put our hands together and say a little prayer.

63. We're not even allowed to live our lives or make mistakes without being judged by everyone on the internet.



64. To me, beauty is confidence. I think I'm pretty confident in the decisions and choices I make.





65. The Jonas Brothers are all sweet. They're so amazing to me. They've become really good friends of mine, but Im not dating any of them.

66. If you don't stand up for yourself, your letting the bully win!


67. He is so sweet. Taylor has made me so happy. I didn’t know I could be that happy. You probably see it in the pictures! I’m smiling so big. (on Taylor Lautner)


68. I can’t count how many pairs of Converse shoes I own.

69. To be honest, I’m quite boring! I love to go bowling and to the movies.


70. When it comes to my wardrobe, I think I dress like a 30-year-old woman. 


71. It’s overwhelming … to know there are hundreds of kids out there that look up to me. I know that’s a big responsibility. I am also very confident to say that it is wonderful and I’ll do my best that I can do to be the best role model I can be.

72. I don’t get in as much trouble as my character, Alex, but I am sassy!

73. Be yourself cause everyone else is already taken.


 
What do you think of Selena Gomez's quotes?
 
Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts