Dolly Parton Gay ?

Gay icon Dolly Parton has faced various rumors about her private life.





As she promotes her new memoir: "Dream More: Celebrate the Dreamer in You," Parton, 66, hopes to put that tabloid speculation to rest in her signature candid way.

On allegations she was secretly gay and romantically linked to  a childhood pal, Parton (who has been married to husband Carl Dean for 46 years) mentioned another popular woman who has faced her own share of rumors: Oprah Winfrey!


"Like Gayle (King), her friend, Judy, my friend...they just think that you just can't be that close to somebody," Parton was quoted as saying. "Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade. We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved."

Parton also dishes about that time she entered (and lost) a drag queen celebrity lookalike competition. "They had a bunch of Chers and Dollys that year, so I just over-exaggerated - made my beauty mark bigger, the eyes bigger, the hair bigger, everything," Parton joked. "So I just got in the line and I just walked across, and they just thought I was some little short gay guy...and I got the least applause!"

Parton then added: "It's a good thing I was a girl or I'd be a drag queen."


What do you think? Is Dolly Parton gay?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts