Toni Braxton Quotes

1. To do what you love can sometimes be stressful.





2. I am fed up with men who use sex like a sleeping pill.

3. I'd lose my mind if I heard my kid call the nanny Mommy.


4. Grammys, American Music Awards, successful albums, I'd pick my kids any day over any of it.

5. I can't record in the morning because I sound like Barry White.

6. I know for works for me - those wonderful sad love songs.

7. I was a 10 million-plus selling artist.


8. I take an active role in my imaging and how I look.



9. I'm a businesswoman who's serious about her money. I want an empire.

10. I'll probably be 80 years old and still performing. Music is like fashion, it changes. But some things will always be the same.


11. I'm not a diva. I'm a tadpole trying to be a frog.

12. If I'm uncomfortable, you'd never know.

13. Like Scarlett O'Hara, I won't be broke again.

14. Performing live is the greatest high in the world. That's why I do what I do.


15. You don't want a whole bunch of yes people around you.


16. Broadway, I have to memorize everything. You get one time to do it right.



17. I always wanted to fit in, but kids never accepted me. So I said: "One day, I'll show them".

18. I didn't know if my music still fit or how people would receive me.


19. I do six shows a week. Sometimes my voice gets tired, but I love it.


20. I don't smoke often, maybe once or twice a month, but it makes me feel sexy and romantic.

21. I felt that putting my all into the relationship would have taken me away from my career. And I couldn't do that then.

22. I learned that I had to believe in myself and not just to be comfortable with the opinions of others. I'm just more in control; I finalize everything.


23. I let everybody else's negative energy feed on me a little.

24. I like being in love. I want to be in love, but at this stage of my life, my career is, by far, the most important thing to me. It's my passion.

25. I look at other artists who have had fabulous first albums, and you don't know what they're doing today. Who's to say I'll be an exception to that rule?


26. I often felt like I was walking around with this Scarlet Letter stitched to my chest from the way that people treated me.





27. I think that once an artist has proven herself and you sell lots of records, you should be compensated.

28. I was so glad I did Beauty and the Beast. I always wanted to act, and if the bankruptcy thing hadn't happened, I wouldn't have started acting.


29. I'll be here. I'm not going anywhere. And I've only just begun.

30. I've always been able to do sprinkles of hip-hop here and there in all my albums, but I'm not sure how my fans are gonna feel about coming out first with something that's so hip-hop.

31. I've always tried to be positive. There's a lot going on.

32. If anyone did any harm to my children, I don't know what I would do.


33. It sometimes makes me feel sexy to wear something revealing. But I have gone too far. I have to be honest about that.

34. It was a hard road; I would be performing, and on my off days, I would be in court.

35. It's been 10 years of success. They're the only family I've known, career-wise. I became nervous and scared. I almost fell victim to what they thought.


36. Over the last three years I've been broke, dumped, and pimped.



36. People don't believe that I can really do all of these things. I can really play the piano; I've been playing since I was 14.




37. People don't understand this business.

38. Pretty much everything I wanted to get back I was able to get back, my Grammys and my Soul Train Awards, in particular.


39. Sad songs seem to work for me, but I don't want to be redundant; I want to add a little flavor.


40. Some people say I'm kinda country, but I like to take risks on fashion. I kinda go left sometimes, so you can get a taste of my personality.

41. The resentfulness is starting to show. I feel a little resentful today.

42. There are problems with the single already. I don't want to put out the first single, Hit the Freeway.


43. This is one of the first times that I've been able to laugh and cry for happiness because things are going so great in my life right now.






44. When I first go out on stage, there are tummy bubbles everywhere.

45. When I watched "American Idol", I always thought Simon was the most realistic. Simon's like: "It was absolutely horrid". That's what they tell in the music industry.


46. When you take high risks, the rewards are higher. So sometimes I'll gamble just to see what happens. If it doesn't work, I know I can't do that.

47. Will people think I've been dropped? Oh God, you don't want people to think that. No one will want to touch you if they think you got dropped.

48. You can never go back to the first two albums in a career.

49. You lose the arrogance you need to be successful, but you need that arrogance because the second someone sees that side of you and chip at it, it's over.


50. The first two albums, I think I was a young adult…Now I definitely feel like an adult. I feel like a woman, probably for the first time in my life.



51. I'm thrilled to be going out on the road again. I can't wait to bring not only the hits that people know and love but to share the new music from Libra with the audience.


What do you think of Toni Braxton's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

  1. I Love that first quote. It is so true and so inspiring: sometimes it feels easier and safer to give up on a dream, but her quote inspires me to try harder, even if it is stressful! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love this post, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts