Gwen Stefani Quotes

1. (regarding her role in "The Aviator") I'd like to stress that I only have a small role. Oh, who am I kidding? There are no small roles in a Martin Scorsese film.


2. It was such a turning point to find that I had a talent and I had something to contribute, somewhere.


3. I'm like a peanut butter sandwich.





4. I have learned to delegate.

5. (regarding pursuing a solo music career away from her rock group, No Doubt) They are my best friends, so when I told them that I wanted to try something solo they responded in the way that best friends do. It was a matter of timing. We've all been growing up and our priorities have changed. Then I went and got married and my priorities certainly changed.


6. My mom always said I was the peacemaker in the family. My older brother, Eric, was the leader, the creative one. I was just his puppet.






7. It's super fun being a mom, but it's hard too.

8. (regarding her first solo album, Love Angel Music Baby) This album is just about me. Although at times I think there's less of me on this than anything I've done because of all the people involved.


9. Music has this emotional thing to it, and it touches people in crazy ways. The power of having that power is something that, once you have it, you don't want it to ever end.


10. I remember when I was in school, they would ask: "What are you going to be when you grow up?" and then you'd have to draw a picture of it. I drew a picture of myself as a bride.


11. My mom and dad met at Anaheim High School. After they got married, all they wanted to do was have four children, and they did.



12. At a certain point I'm going to want to have a family and I'm not going to have time to be running around the world doing this shit and being greedy. I can always write songs. But can I always wear an Alice-in-Wonderland costume? I probably shouldn't. I can at home.


13. I got married and decided I wanted to do a dance record, and I didn't ever expect for it to be what it was or for the "No Doubt" thing to be such a long break, but it was one of those things where you just had to sort of follow your inspiration.

14. It's always odd to talk about my fashion. It's something you look at-you don't need to talk about it.


15. I really don't care what people say. It's not like it discourage me from doing something I want to do.



16. My parents always pushed creativity on us, but they made it seem like the fun thing to do.


17. Before, I was really passive, all I cared about was being in love with my boyfriend. I didn't have any creative power, nothing. I don't know that person any more.

18. My songs are basically my diaries. Some of my best songwriting has come out of time when I've been going through a personal nightmare.


19. I have to be creative to be happy.





20. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels.

21. I think I've been able to fool a lot of people because I know I'm a dork. I'm a geek.


22. Now I'm a wife and a mother of two. It's a really different role. I always referred to No Doubt as a marriage, because that's what it's like to be together for so long and go through what we've been through. I can't really have that relationship with them anymore.

23. I like the old, vintage Hollywood look.


24. One time, a guy said he worked for Hugh M. Hefner and gave me a card. I thought it was funny.

25. Out of all the artistic things I do, music is the most rewarding because it's so hard to write songs.

26. Life is short and you've got to get the most out of it.


27. The one thing that makes me feel super lucky about my financial success is that I have a housekeeper.



28. I have to tell everyone everything that's going on. It is different once you're married, because that's sacred.


29. Working with (new collaborators) and letting people in to try new melodies and new lyrical ideas was very hard.




30. I was a different person before I started to write. When I realized I could be a songwriter and that people would listen - that was when I started feeling good in my life.


31. I like to make my husband like me more, and he likes it when I'm wearing makeup.


32. You can't plan anything, right? You can try.

33. My priorities are always going to be my husband and my family now. That's a huge, huge thing.


34. This last year I kind of stopped working out. I think my body just needed a break. And so I did that, and focused more on feeling good as opposed to beating myself up.




35. I remember so vividly the first song I ever wrote. It was called "Different People."


36. Being a singer is all about me. About ego. Being a mom is all about being selfless - two different worlds.





37. I think everyone has gifts and everyone has talents. If you are successful at it, it feels really good but it never really penetrates completely. There are moments where I think that we made an amazing record and I'm so proud of it, but I don't wake up and go: "Wow, I'm amazing".


38. I want you all over me - like L.A.M.B.





39. Writing songs is super intimate. It's a bit like getting naked.

40. I try not to be but I'm super-neurotic about diet. I'm neurotic about trying not to be neurotic! I'm like every other girl. I have to try really hard my whole life to try to be fit. And I'm super-vain. And I want to wear cute clothes.


41. I don't mean this in a stuck-up way, but I needed an attitude song.




42. You know, I was chubby when I was a little girl. And I have all those issues everyone else has. But I try not to. And I've learned over the years that it's such a waste of time. And people like me whether I'm a little bit fatter or not.


43. I want to be a guy, but I want to wear a lot of makeup.



44. You're always tellin' me to go out more: "Go ahead, get out and see the world", But then I think: "why should I? I'd rather stay home and cry".

45. I don't fight with people - like, I can barely fight with my husband because I'll just start crying instead.


46. I wanted so badly to have a backup plan for when I'm not performing anymore. Let's be realistic: it's not going to be like this forever.


47. When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like: "Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility." Oh my God. That is overwhelming.


48. I was thinking that when I have children, that I should always dress as a character for them, so they think their mom is "Alice in Wonderland" or "Cinderella". It would be totally messed up!


49. I imagine my children are going to save me from my vanity and be my passion and fill whatever fears I have of the amazing time I'm having right now being gone.


50. I work out five days a week; I can't imagine not doing it.







51. I thought that I was going to be like this earth mother. When people would complain about being pregnant, I was like: "What are you talking about? It's incredible! Just enjoy it."


52. I wish I could write more make-believe. It's a lot easier to write about hard times and when things are going wrong. But I've never been a private person.




53. A miracle…my biggest accomplishment is my marriage so far. Because it's hard, everyone knows it's hard.


54. I would love to learn to play something so I don't have to rely on someone to collaborate with.

55. Although I'd always wanted children, it was such an opposite thing to being a singer.

56. I'm just, like, totally normal. The fact that any of this has happened, that we're sitting here at the Beverly Hills Hotel just gets me going, like: "What?"


57. At a certain point I'm going to want to have a family.

58. I'd like to have no rules and eat what I want, but I've learned over the years that I'm so disappointed when I can't wear the clothes I want to wear.

59. And if I let myself down, appear on stage when I'm not looking my best, it's not fun for me. I just beat myself up about it.


60. I'm kind of lazy. I like to lie around with my husband and watch TV and stuff like that.

61. As a famous person you think how you're gonna end it, get away and have a normal life.


62. I'm lucky to not have a real job, to be able to express myself, be creative and be relevant.



63. At first it was my brother's songwriting and I was just doing what everyone told me.

64. I'm vain enough to want do a movie again, but right now more roles are the last thing on my list.


65. Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way.



66. I've always been a girl who loves to dress up.

67. Being in a band you can wear whatever you want - it's like an excuse for halloween everyday.


68. I've been trying to do films for years. So I've decided to wait until the next good part comes along and develop a record on my own in the meantime.

69. Every day I fail at something.

70. If I wasn't even famous or had any success, I would still wake up and put tons of make-up on, and put on a cool outfit. That's always been who I've been my whole life, so that's never gonna change. I love fashion. I love getting dressed up. I love Halloween, too.


71. Every record that I've ever made, I listen to it so much before it comes out. As soon as it comes out, I never listen to it again. It's, like, over.


72. If you're not Prince, you're never going to sound like Prince.



73. Everything works out how it should.

74. It takes a lot of selfish time to make music.


75. Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I've ever done - by far.



76. I don't have a strong sense of self-worth unless I'm doing something.

77. It feels like the more I'm out there in the public eye, the more criticism I get. You need to have confidence - that's what it takes to walk out there and sing a song in front of a huge group of people.


What do you think of Gwen Stefani's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts