Chelsea Handler DUI

American comedian, actress, author, talk show host and producer Chelsea Handler jokes frequently about her drinking habits. She reveals though that she learned her lesson with alcohol after getting a DUI while promoting the new series "Are You There Chelsea?" in Pasadena, California.


"It's not alcoholism. It's alcohol tendencies," the "Chelsea Lately" host joked to reporters of her drinking habits at a TCA panel discussion and noted: "Obviously, I am not that much of a mess if I get myself to work every day."


The now 38-year-old opened up about getting pulled over at the age of 21 for driving under the influence of alcohol, a situation Laura Prepon attempts to emulate on the NBC show as she plays the role of Chelsea.






"Luckily, it was the week after I turned 21. But I had my sister's fake ID, the one I am playing on the show, and gave it to the police officers and that's where I really got into big trouble because it wasn't me. I forgot I had turned 21. I was like: "Oh wait! I am legal,"" Handler was quoted as saying.


Chelsea admitted that drinking and driving is completely "irresponsible," but she believes that correcting her behavior is the best way to move forward.




"I mean if you are correcting you're behavior, it's not a repeat thing," the comedian  explained to reporters during the panel of irresponsible behavior when she was younger. "In real life I got a DUI once. I haven't gotten one since."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts