Cheryl Cole Quotes

1. The past year (2004) has been the best ever. I feel like I've got a fairy godmother watching over me.

2. (when Simon Cowell first offered her a job as a judge on X-Factor) I wouldn't do X-Factor for all the tea in China.


3. I am a woman and I like sex.




4. (saying no to contestants) It makes me die a little bit inside.

5. I swear to God the woman sang the whole song, to my face. It was just so awkward, and every time I stood next to her she started singing it again. I thought how that would be like me going up to Britney and singing the whole of "Baby One More Time" in her face. Can you imagine how weird that would be?


6. (on Girls Aloud and men) We feel like the girls in Sex and the City. But without the sex.




7. I can't hurt any more than I've been hurt, I can't cry any more than I've cried. I've been to the highest of highs and lowest of lows, so one day I'm going to find my middle ground and be happy.


8. (denying a boob job) It's not my fault they're pert.






9. (climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief, 2009) I'd had so much color in my life I wasn't daunted by this challenge at all. I lived my life climbing mountains of other kinds. I literally felt stripped bare, like my whole life was being tipped out around me as I took each step.


10. (on her ideal man) 50 Cent! I wouldn't mind breeding a whole football team with him. But I'd be just as happy with a builder or postie, so long as he was a Geordie. 




11. I was Cheryl, the local girl made good. I was one of their own who was flying the flag for Newcastle, and that meant the world to me.


12. I'd spent my whole life careering from one pressurized situation to another, usually without much chance to breathe in between.



13. (on drug addicts) I don't have any sympathy for the addicts. That might sound harsh, but I don't give a f***. If they're in pain because of drugs, it's self-inflicted. You know what you're doing when you take it.


14. (on Lily Allen) Everyone wants to look like her? Chick with a dick.





15. (her first thoughts about Jedward) You two are TV gold.

16. (after several of Ashley Cole's infidelities came out in the press) You've ruined our marriage, Ashley. I'll not let you ruin me career.


17. Part of me will always love Ashley (Cole). I loved him so much I couldn't imagine a day when I would feel nothing for him. The difference now is there is so much water under the bridge I would drown if I ever went back to him. A whole year had passed since the divorce, but I had spiralled so deep into darkness afterwards it took me so long to come up into the light and see things clearly.

18. Team spirit spurs me on. I've always found it easier to be strong for other people than for myself.

19. (on David Cameron) He was just trying to be cool. I bet he couldn't name a single song of ours (2006)

20. (reconciling with Simon Cowell) I didn't want to work with him anytime soon, but to be in touch again felt like a cloud had been blown away from my life.


21. I couldn't see a future of doing anything other than performing. I didn't like school if I'm being honest. I would have settled for performing in any capacity.

22. I don't trust anybody in my life except my mother and my dogs.

23. Don't underestimate girl power.


24. (wanting to write her autobiography) The lies and the speculation had to stop. All that media scrutiny had nearly turned me crazy, and there was no way I was going back there again. I was in a happy place, and I was not going back into that darkness. I was ready to tell my story exactly how it is, straight from my heart.

25. I'd only been out with people who became ugly once I got to know them.

26. Derek (Hough) is one of those people who makes the day more enjoyable.

27. I don't think I'm a style icon, not at all. Sometimes I just want to rock out in me scruffs and me Uggs. You know, a really comfy old tracksuit with maybe a dollop of ketchup down the front.


28. I never had bad vibes about marrying Ashley (Cole). I wish I was still married to him...if only things had turned out differently.





29. Every day I wake up and I want to go to work and do the job I love, and I know that in this economic climate that is an absolute gift and a privilege.


30. (on Simon Cowell) Simon is the most charismatic man I've ever met - it's like he's trancing you or something. It's actually quite scary.


31. I know what it's like on stage, to be judged. It's nerve wracking enough without the buzzer.



32. My privacy is very intentional.

33. (about her wedding) I felt like a princess, but one with her feet firmly on the ground.


34. Beyonce (Knowles) has a star aura and an incredible presence.





35. There are always bumps and crashes after every high.

36. I absolutely love my tattoos. The girls and I decided that the next time Girls Aloud have a No. 1, we'll all get one done. I want us to get something that only makes sense if we all stand in line, though!


37. (Ashley Cole's infidelities) When I'd said my vows to Ashley on our wedding day I meant them, but how could we possibly recover from this?

38. (Being a judge) It makes better television if you string out the moment when the big decision is revealed.

39. My 20s have been full of the highest highs and the lowest lows, but now its time for me to find some balance, and my happy place. Keep calm and soldier on.


40. I love Prince Harry. Good looking and a bit of a rebel. Me and his dad are as thick as thieves and I knew Harry before I knew his dad so we've met a few times. I think he's amazing. And I think you can relate to him because he's made mistakes. He's cool.

41. Your relationship with your contestants is as important backstage as it is on the live shows.


42. I have never claimed to be the best vocalist in the world. I'm a performer, and putting on a show is what I enjoy most of all.

43. All I ever wanted was to perform, make music, make videos.

44. My family are my real world; they're not in the dream that my life becomes sometimes, and when I need a leveler I turn to them. They've watched me have a dream, pursue it and live it, and now having a family of my own is my next big dream.


45. (the press during her divorce from Ashley Cole) I'd felt like a hunted animal for a long time, but now I was so badly wounded the chase felt more inhumane than ever. I still had my music, and nobody could take that away.

46. I hated drugs with an absolute passion.


47. The reason I go for the designers is because they make me feel good. It's about finding clothes that make you feel good as a woman. If I like it, I'll wear it. You have to go with your instincts and not be led by trends.

48. I just loved being on the stage. I felt alive. It's where I felt like me.


49. (the press during her fight with malaria) They're ruining my life. But I had to brave the flames to break out of the Hell I was stuck in. I had to do it or lose my mind.




50. I'm a very hands-on person; I don't just want to give my name to something and not be a big part of it.


51. If someone attacked a Tweedy, we were taught to defend ourselves.




52. I got lost in darkness for a long time, but now I feel strong and happy again.

53. If I became famous in LA, where will I be able to escape to?


54. I have this pair of grey lounge trousers with a satin waistband which are really unattractive, but so comfy. I sit on the sofa in fluffy slippers and a hoody with a nice cup of hot chocolate. I'm slightly obsessed with hot chocolate. My mother just got me some that has chunks of real chocolate in it. I do that squirty cream thing, too. I'm known for it at "The X Factor"!

55. (US X-Factor) Its just like the UK auditions but with American auditions.


56. (Cheryl's ultimatum after learning of Ashley Cole's infidelity) I don't want you drinking. I don't want you socializing with footballers or the people you were with that night. And I don't want you to deal with that agent of yours anymore. And one other thing. If this ever comes up again I'm divorcing you. You're lucky I came back this time, but if you ever disrespect me again, it's over. I'm out of here, and I mean that.

57. I just don't get boys; I don't really get men.




58. I had no interest in being educated. My life took place outside the school gates, not inside them.

59. (on Will.i.am) There is nothing boring or regular about him, from his geeky glasses and dreadlocks to his intuitive, warm personality. He had a genuine belief in my talent and ability that nobody had ever expressed to me before. Will is one of those people who doesn't just say are you OK? without really meaning it.


60. (on nearly dying from malaria in 2010) I had no liver function, no kidney function, I was swollen with the fluid, I had no oxygen in my blood. I literally had 24 hours to get fluid out of my body otherwise my insides were going to pack in. You know how sometimes you feel ill and you say: "I feel like I'm dying?" Well I actually felt like I was dying. I asked the nurse outright - was I going to die? She said: "There's a possibility."

61. (the three words she uses to ID herself) Strength, femininity and independence.

62. Pride is a massive thing for Geordies.

63. I'm not one of those people who holds a grudge about anything.


64. It was not a question of "if" I was going to make it, just "when".





65. (on Mary Byrne) People like her made me love my job.

66. I didn't ever feel I had to chase my dream, because I firmly believed I'd make it happen one day, when the time was right. It wasn't about being famous or rich. I just wanted to dance and sing and entertain people, because it's what I loved to do. It was simple, that clear.


67. Anybody that's been through a divorce, and I hope it's something people never have to experience, it's the worse thing in the world.

68. (her divorce from Ashley Cole) It's like a death, but you're still alive, living after the death of something that was such a big part of both of you.


69. (the scandal that emerged after she slapped a toilet attendant) I'd gone through my whole life with trouble around me, yet had never been involved with the police myself until I was at the happiest point in my life.

70. (on the early days with Ashley Cole) He didn't invite trouble into our lives in any way at all, and I felt so comfortable in his company.


71. The thought of being intimate with someone you don't know really freaks me out. I think men should earn that intimacy.



72. (the differences between her and Ashley Cole) Nobody cares what he does as long as he has a good game. It's all about the football, but it's different for me because the fans want to know everything and not just about the music.


73. You have to forget your dignity when you go into hospital. You leave that at the front door and pick it up on the way out.



74. Whenever things are going right, something goes wrong. It's like the happier I am, the worse the crash.


75. If I could be good at any sport, it'd be javelin. I know a few people I would love to throw a spear at.




76. (discovering her sister was her half-sibling) Gillian had gone from being my sister to my half-sister to not being there at all in the space of about 30 minutes.


77. I didn't know what I was in for when I joined "The X Factor" - I underestimated it.



78. Don't let the nerves ruin your chances.


79. Sisterhood is important to me.

80. Geordies are so proud of their own.

81. I know that is what I was put on Earth to do - to be a mother.

82. I believe in soulmates, yes, but I believe you also have to work at love. I happen to believe your soulmate doesn't have to be your partner - your soulmate could be your best friend, your sibling, it doesn't have to be the person you marry.


83. I'd love kids. I'm obsessed with babies. Of course I've thought about baby names. A million times. I like Alfie for a little boy.




84. (on plastic surgery) I can't get my head around everyone having the same nose, because I think it's the unique things about your face that make you beautiful. I'm not judging, but unless something is really getting you down, it's best not to mess with nature.


85. I can act normally, and I can go out, but people around you don't act normally. If it was normal, I'd go out and have my dinner and nobody would be video-phoning me eating my dinner.

86. (Turning down Simon Cowell's offer of a second shot on US X-Factor) It would take me away from family and my reality, and throw me back into the craziness again.


87. I still am very street - I just have nicer clothes. I'm not ashamed of that.




88. (on Girls Aloud) We've grown into women, and have different lives to the ones we had as young girls. We've achieved far more than any of us ever dared to dream of and, whatever happens next, I know we'll always be in each other's lives.


89. What I will say is that business is not a nice area. And you might say that I am a business woman, but I'm not into cut-throat business moves.

90. (on Girls Aloud) The first time we were in the press, it was all about our weight and not our music.

91. I'm from a big family. I've got 10 nieces and nephews.


What do you think of Cheryl Cole's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts