Eminem On Documentary "How To Make Money Selling Drugs" About His Drug Addiction: " My Bottom Was Gonna Be Death"

Eminem (real name: Marshall Bruce Mathers III) spoke out about his addiction to prescription pills in the new documentary "How To Make Money Selling Drugs".

"When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of "Ahh." Like everything was not only mellow, but (I) didn't feel any pain," Eminem was quoted as saying.


But things got out of control...

Eminem, 40, claimed: "I don't know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more. People tried to tell me that I had a problem."

"I would say "Get that f**king person outta here,"" Eminem revealed, noting: "I can't believe they said that sh*t to me. I'm not out there shooting heroin. I'm not f**king out there putting coke up my nose. I'm not smoking crack."


Eminem started to use even more drugs.



"Xanax, Valium...it's same thing," Eminem continued. "F**k it, take it."




Eminem was finally hospitalized and found himself near death.

Eminem said: "Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn't think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death."


After a relapse, Eminem ultimately kicked the habit through detox, beginning his life from scratch.


Eminem added: "I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It's been a learning process, I'm growing. I couldn't believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody: "It does get better.""

It has to be mentioned that "How To Make Money Selling Drugs", from director Matthew Cooke, a candid look at drug dealing in America today, also includes 50 Cent, Susan Sarandon, Woody Harrelson, Russell Simmons and "The Wire" creator David Simon.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts