Kendrick Lamar Quotes

1. Am I the only one who measures time using songs? Oh it only took me 4 songs to get here! That's not to long!


2. I always tell people that if I move anywhere it would be Toronto.



3. I can cut my patience short or give em some more gowns.

4. My whole thing is to inspire, to better people, to better myself forever in this thing that we call rap, this thing that we call hip hop.


5. Jump in the booth and shatter every rapper dream, they jump in a sauna cause I killed their self esteem.



6. I learned, when I look in the mirror and tell my story that I should be myself and not peep whatever everybody is doing.


7. The worst part of success is, to me, adapting to it. It's scary.

8. It's a great, great experience to finally get the reception that you know you rightfully deserve.

9. You don't hear no artists from Compton showing vulnerability.


10. Can't let the government tell me how my future looking.




11. As long as my music is real, it's no limit to how many ears I can grab.

12. From the moment I started writing raps, I was always aware of the pressure. I always wanted to live up to how huge Snoop got, how huge Dre got, how huge Pac got. I was always aware.


13. At first, I was scared to show fear because you can never be sure how people will perceive you. But I dared myself to do that, to stand out. Now I'll talk about being beaten up or robbed or making a stupid decision because of a girl or whatever.

14. All I gotta do is kill it, press the play button and let the paralyzed feel it.


15. I always thought money was something just to make me happy. But I've learned that I feel better being able to help my folks, 'cause we never had nothing. So just to see them excited about my career is more of a blessing than me actually having it for myself.




16. I'm constantly thinking.

17. Let me start off this letter saying I don't like you scared of you but I will fight you. I stare at the ceiling and think about you.


18. I've got an extra-specific story about Dr. Dre. I saw him when I was 9 years old in Compton - him and Tupac. They were shooting the second "California Love" video. My pops had seen him and ran back to the house and got me, put me on his neck, and we stood there watching Dre and Pac in a Bentley.



19. God to me is love.

20. My pops and my mom started playing Marvin Gaye and the Isley Brothers and all these people, but at the same time, they always had Snoop on right behind it in the same mix.


21. It's easy to forget who you are.

22. People are used to music that justifies street culture but something that's not touched on is why these kids act the way they act, live the way they live.


23. You know I am the truth, the truth hurts. You should feel pain when I'm done with this verse. Done!







24. I can't help the way you was born if you was gay.

25. Sonnymoon and Quadrants are a couple of bands that really inspire me in terms of the melodics of things and certain tones and just what feels good. It takes me back to the type of music that I grew up on in my household. We played a lot of gangsta rap, but we also played a lot of oldies, and I think that mix is part of what inspires my sound.


26. Life is short, and yo reality is eye to eye with a dwarf.

27. If I'm gonna tell a real story, I'm gonna start with my name.

28. Your career bout as frail as Ms.Winehouse.

29. Sometimes you have the trends that's not that cool. You may have certain artists portraying these trends and don't really have that lifestyle, and then it gives off the wrong thing. And it becomes kinda corny after awhile. It's really about keeping hip-hop original and pushing away the corniness in it.


30. I always felt like there was a certain standard of music that I had to do from the beginning, even when I didn't have the recognition that I have now.


31. When you go on your Twitter or look down your Timeline and it's all great positivity - I love that. But at the same time, it can really divert you from what your purpose is or what you're trying to do. And I've seen artists get caught up in that.


32. I stole a Bible, is that a sin?





33. Eventually you get to this point where you understand what you want to do and get across and sound like.

34. Groups break up because they never got across what they wanted to do personally, and they have creative differences, and egos start to clash.


35. I don't vote. I don't do no voting.



36. I think my vice would be outdoing myself.



37. Some people look at my face then tell me don’t worry about it, I give em back they deposit, no money, just total silence.

38. People gonna be they own individuals and have they own worlds and I can't knock it.


39. I don't really believe in the type of pressure that people are wanting to put on the type of music that I make.



40. I had to come from something, come from a place that was negative and positive but the majority of it is a negative place.


41. I'm a jaguar you just a new cat. Now move back.


42. I'm Machiavelli's offspring, I'm the king of New York, king of the coast, one hand, I juggle them both.

43. I knew I was blessed with a gift of having both parents.


44. I'm putting out this free music, constantly putting it out.




45. I like to let things breathe.

46. I'm sticking to the script, I'm putting that organic feeling back in the game.


47. The best thing is to always keep honest people around, because when you have a bunch of yes men around that know that you're making a mistake but let you go on with it, that's when it ruins your mind state as an artist.




48. My folks ain't graduated from high school or nothing like that, so we always had to struggle in the family - and I come from a big family.


49. I'm selfish.




50. Oh you spit? Well the retarded drool is back!




51. My mom's one of 13 siblings, and they all got six kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton.


What do you think of Kendrick Lamar's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts