Iggy Azalea: "Lorde Is Not Kurt Cobain's Peer"

Iggy Azalea claimed that Lorde shouldn't have been part of the tribute to Kurt Cobain at Nirvana's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction this spring.  







"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea, 23, confessed to Billboard, noting: "Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate."


As part of her interview with the outlet, Iggy was asked about being the first performer since The Beatles to have her debut Billboard Hot 100 hits reach the top two spots.

"It doesn't mean anything," Azalea pointed out, adding: "I'd rather be The Rolling Stones."


It seems that Azalea has also some bizarre hotel preferences.

Azalea was quoted as saying: "I want to stay in a place where 50-year-old rich people stay. It's not that I care who's around me - I just don't want anyone around me. And if it's an old rich lady, they're usually pretty quiet and disgusted I'm even here, which I like."

As for critics who doubt her originality, Azalea responded: "We get so caught up, especially in rap, with what's authentic, and I wish people would think more about what the f*ck that even means", explaining: "One critic was like: "Why didn't you talk about more Australian things?" I don't understand why I'm supposed to write a song about living in the outback and riding a kangaroo to be authentic."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts