Milla Jovovich Quotes

1. (on Madonna) Oh, my God! I used to ride my bicycle around for hours in the garage of our apartment building singing "Material Girl".  






2. (on "The Fifth Element") I worked like hell. No band practice, no clubs, no pot, nothing.


3. During the day I force myself to at least eat some salads rather than rubbish, and a steak in the evening. In fact, I eat to basically satisfy my hunger. I hardly have the time to appreciate a meal, and I'm everything, but a gourmet.




4. (on "Resident Evil") We've got really infantile mentalities on this movie. We're like: "It's gross - cool! It's disgusting - print it!". You have to think like a fifteen-year-old. Wet dress. Zombies. Guns. Cool!


5. Music for me is something I prefer to keep away from the whole business part of my life. I feel like everything I do, in a way, has some sort of business around it. So with my music I can have my privacy. If people don't have to pay for it then I think they can be a little more open to new ideas.


6. To be an actor, you have to know yourself really well. That's been a major thing for me, to really understand why I do things.


7. (on "Resident Evil") If this movie was made in America they would have had a guy and we would have been his harem or entourage. Big studios don't trust that women will bring in that kind of audience. "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" was really an exception to the rule. Most of the time, if you make a big action film there has to be a big action guy in it. It's very European to trust a woman to play that kind of a role.


8. I'm still an artist. I'm never gonna do a shit movie, because I've got my modeling to support me.


9. I was still a kid when I gave up modeling and moved to London to devote myself to music. At the time, I had a band. Two years later, broke, I was forced to return to New York to go back to modeling and earn my living. But, when I'd call my agent, she replied to me: "You are now an old-fashioned model, you have a "has-been" look." In fact, I could not even manage to get castings. Can you imagine what it's like when you're told that you're over at the age of 18?

10. I was a real kind of fantasy geek growing up and watching Kung-Fu theater with my dad every Sunday. I always had this dream of being one of those ninjas that hops from tree to tree. I love to challenge myself, and I don't cut myself any slack.


11. I'm a dabbler.



12. I have to say, anybody from "The Help." I loved the actress from "The Artist," I'm excited about quite a few movies tonight, but those two in particular.

13. Carmen and I both draw - we collaborate on an equal level on anything artistic.




14. I feel like movie stars don't have many friends at all. They have acquaintances.



15. I love making independent movies, and that's pretty much what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my years.


16. The rule when you get older, it really is a choice between your ass and your face. It's a little cellulite on the booty or you look like a hag. As you get older, you need a little weight on your face to look better and younger.

17. From now on, I approach the cinema as a business woman.

18. He wasn't just showing the games. I was getting hacking lessons from an 11-year-old. It was definitely telling of our times, but he's a smart kid and just incredible.



19. Lots of pretty faces came and went over the years, but some stuck around and I happen to be one of them.


20. I'm a hard-ass when it comes to my work, and I'm not scared to take risks. On a social level, I'm not hard at all. Maybe with certain men, the ones who say: "Hey!" That kills me. Anyone who says hello by pointing a finger at me I will hate for life. There's no second chance.


21. When you're able to survive a martial arts workout session, it definitely builds your stamina and builds your tolerance.


22. Before, being a model, it was just a job, and I was making fun of it. But today, I take my career more seriously. The fact that a reader may buy an Armani item because she'd seen it on me in a magazine is very important to me. So much so that I intend to launch my own label.


23. I'm very against underage modeling. I would never allow my kids to do it.


24. You do end up putting between two to four months of your time into these movies, and if you don't make enough of them, you don't have a guarantee that any of them are going to be released apart from L.A. and New York. It's a problem, you know, to get two of them released, you have to make ten.

25. I think I'm a very pretty girl. I'm never going to pretend to think otherwise. There are even days I feel I'm fabulously hot and sexy. I'm grateful for my looks. My family is doing well because of them. I can make career choices and turn down movies because of them and I have been making money from them for 17 years. My looks are who I am.

26. My poor mum had a lot of problems with me around that time. I was young but I'd been working for years, so if she asked me to clean my room I'd say: "You can't tell me what to do after I've worked a 12-hour day." It gave me a power that no one that age should have.


27. I'm not really easy to live with! There needs to be unlimited patience and unconditional love. Men I've known before loved my independent spirit and were proud of my success, to the point that they'd become jealous of the time I devote to my career.


28. You think you're so grown up, so adults take advantage of you. When I was 13, my mum didn't know about certain things that would go on even though she was with me all the time. I'd say I was going off to get a Coke and I'd be making out with some older guy in a corner.

29. If I'm not overloaded, I become depressed because I feel like I'm doing nothing with my life. Last year I lost a friend, a guitarist from my band. He was only 21 years old. Since then, I think a lot about death and about all the things I want to do before disappearing. So I never rest.


30. I want to achieve everything I need to achieve. I want to be able to love what I'm doing and respect myself while I'm doing it.


31. I love infomercials. I've always thought that I could do a really good infomercial because I have a lot of great ideas with things. I just never actually have the time to patent them, like everybody else with great ideas. One person takes the time to do it and the rest of us to keep talking about it.

32. My mom definitely raised me with the capacity and the competence to do a lot of things. I love music, and that's the way I express myself the best. I'm learning to play all these other instruments. I'm picking up the violin and the harp. I do my reading. I used to draw a lot, but I don't draw as much anymore. Apart from that, I'm relaxing because we've been hectic for a while.


33. When I learn martial arts, my master will have me try a punch for a week and he will keep saying: "No, you don't have it. No, that's not right." When he finally says: "Yes, you did it," it's a wonderful moment. You worked on it. You got it.


34. The name Ever is a Scottish boy's name. Gabo is a mixture of my parents' names. The first two letters are after my mom's first name, Galina, and the last two letters are after my dad's first name, Bogie.




35. My private life has been the subject of much jabbering. Perhaps this slightly scandalous side of me people find entertaining!


36. At the age of 16 I was already dreaming of having a baby because I felt myself to be an adult, but my mum forbid it. Right now, I feel like a teenager and I want to have fun for one or two more years before starting a family.

37. I really only have a few friends.


38. I don't at all want to resemble some of these young designers who ask hallucinating prices for rags that are so in fashion now, that six months later, they are old-fashioned! I love vintage boutiques, I love to customize my clothes. And then, with my friends, we regularly exchange togs.

39. It's going to seem idiotic to say this, but I think that at a given moment we all need a place to ourselves where we can refuge ourselves and cut ourselves off from the world.

40. I am a strong Ukrainian girl, that is why I work a lot.

41. Rather than go to the gym, I would prefer to do martial arts because the time goes by quicker.



42. My regular life today is reading books, making dolls houses, sewing dolls with my daughter and barbequing.


43. I remember, when we were still living in the Soviet Union, Mum would rush by like the wind in our apartment, covered with fur, or even running from one movie scene to the next, because she was a movie star there. Even if it was 40ºF outside, she always wore a miniskirt. For me, she was the most beautiful of all women.


44. I thought that being popular in school was just so pathetic. I knew I had a future over and beyond the horizon of that school.



45. I just want to make one really good movie a year. And when I die, to know I was honest as an artist.


46. There is all this controversy that women and girls are too skinny or too overweight. I say to just do martial arts and everything will be okay. You will tone up your body and find a confidence you can't find just sitting around watching TV and hanging out with friends.


47. I think that's one of the only reasons God created celebrities. To help those who can't help themselves.


48. (on working on the film "Resident Evil: Extinction", in comparison to "Resident Evil 2") I had a really great time doing it. I haven't seen the whole movie together with all the special effects, but even without the special effects I was like: "This is rad!" I loved it. I just was with the characters more. I don't know, somehow I connected with the story better. 


49. From childhood my mother had me examining Robert Mapplethorpe's style and Egon Schiele's framing - that's what modeling is about.

50. People say that I'm always late, but that's a myth.



51. Modeling killed me.



52. Scratch a Russian, and you'll find a peasant.


53. From now on, I approach the cinema as a business woman. I intend to be in more action movies because, apart from Angelina Jolie, no other actress stands out in this genre.


54. Why have a model on the front of your magazine when you can have Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett or Hilary Swank? Because those girls are intelligent and talented, people are interested.



55. Action films are definitely a lot of training and I do a lot of my own stunts, so I definitely am in there for the long haul for the training process. But I love it. Martial arts is something I've always loved doing. It's the only form of exercise that I can deal with. Everything else is really boring and mind-numbing. So for me it's just really fun. I love to sort of feel like a superhero in that sense, to be able to fly through the air and to be on wires. It just makes me feel like I'm in Magic Mountain or something. I love it.


What do you think of Milla Jovovich quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts