Angela Lansbury Quotes

1. I have heard Mr. Romney's speech many times on television and the radio and I have even read his book "No Apology: The Case for American Greatness" and I must say that out of all the gentlemen running for the presidency Mr. Romney is, in my opinion, the best one to fit the bill.



2. A sitcom. I hate that word.

3. Believe me, it jabs you. When you're on the side of buses and New York loves you, you love to go out there every night. It's like a race. Curtain opens, out you go, and New York is yours.


4. Clint Eastwood is an extraordinary director because he knows the value of a buck. He knows where it will show on the screen.


5. Here I am, I still go on, you know, like the tides.



6. I don't think about going back to the theater.

7. I made about 56 movies, I think. Not that many.


8. I never regretted what I turned down.









9. I have never directed. But I think I could. I have thought about it. I'm a bit long in the tooth to start.

10. I started in London, as a kid. My mother knew I had sort of an inbred talent. She was an actress, so I inherited it from her. But I think I got a lot of it from my grandfather, who was a great politician.


11. I was put under contract. A major studio. I got nominated for an Academy Award. Isn't that ridiculous? I mean, at the age of 18!




12. I think of myself as a journeyman actress. I will attempt almost anything that I think that I can bring off. It could be almost anything.


13. I've worked with the greatest actors, and they're all gone. This is what's so desperate to me.

14. "The Manchurian Candidate" was the most important movie I was in, let's face it.

15. Mystery is something that appeals to most everybody.


16. The theater is magical and addictive.




17. We all have levels of performance.





18. Actors are not made, they are born.

19. I've had an incredible relationship with my husband, with my family. I know they've had problems of their own, but we have never wavered in our closeness as a family. I've had a hell of a life.


20. I just stopped playing bitches on wheels and peoples' mothers. I have only a few more years to kick up my heels!

21. (on working with the choir, the first time) I felt extremely nervous. I felt I was working with a group of people who are so wonderfully integrated among themselves to produce wonderful sound, music, singing - their voices are so pure, so clear. I've listened so much to them in the past to be singing down with them, I was very nervous.


22. I'm never left behind. I'm the bionic woman.








23. Providing I can put one foot in front of the other, I will continue to act.

24. It has been erroneously reported that I am a Republican! I am not a Republican. It's all over the Internet and It's bizarre. I'm a huge Obama fan. I've already voted for him by absentee ballot. I am Democrat from the ground up.


What do you think of Angela Lansbury's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts