Sky Ferreira Quotes

1. I'm a boots girl. I always wear boots. They only look better when they get dirty.  







2. Because of social media, a lot of people think they can be, like, a rapper or a singer or a musician because they can put something on YouTube and it might become a thing because there's - like - YouTube phenomenons and whatnot, you know? It's not like they dedicated years to it or anything. It's annoying.


3. I'm pretty sarcastic, and sometimes that doesn't come across on the Internet. It seems like I'm being rude or stupid.




4. I'm not some sort of puppet. Like, there isn't a team of people telling me what to do.


5. I wear whatever makes me comfortable on stage, so that I feel confident. Some days it's a plaid skirt with a button-up and other days it's jeans with a hockey jersey and platforms.



6. I'm definitely a crier. I get really emotional if someone's being rude or says something mean about me.


7. I started making music professionally when I was 14.


8. I'm like the Christina Aguilera of the Internet.



9. I feel like I didn't know who I was when I was 15. I don't feel like you're who you are for life, not even when you're 20.

10. There's people trying to tell me what to do, but I'm not like some marketing scam.


11. I've always made music - pretty much since I was born.






12. I hate being forced to do things. I hate people telling me what to do, so I'll do the complete opposite. It's a bit self-destructive sometimes.

13. With things like Spotify and iTunes and all that stuff, I feel people are more… scattered. So you're not, you know, changing a CD - it takes literally a millisecond to change one song on your computer to the next.


14. Just because you have a blog doesn't mean that you should, like, lie for no reason.


15. I like writing different types of music. I don't like being stuck into one thing.

16. When I write songs for myself it's really personal and I just can't have someone else singing it.

17. I hate when people call me a socialite because you have to have money to be a socialite, which I don't have.


18. I always thought it was odd when people would say "I'm a journalist at Buzzfeed" or what have you. Maybe six people there are legitimate journalists. The rest are making lists or blogging normally, or, like you said, trolling.


19. I didn't grow up in a regular upbringing. I ended up at my grandmother's house past a certain age, so I took care of things myself. I moved out of home when I was 16.


20. Dreams do come true. They definitely do come true. It just takes a while, I guess. Sometimes it doesn't, but for me it did, anyway. And that whole socialite deal…I'm not a socialite, but, you know, that whole…that whole thing was not supposed to happen. I mean, I can't complain. It's definitely helped me. I have a lot to prove because of it, but I guess a lot of it is based on luck, too. And I mean hard work, too. But definitely luck. Because you never know what's going to be considered a hit, or what people are going to like.


What do you think of Sky Ferreira's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts