Jon Bon Jovi Quotes

1. Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.






2. Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time - you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be.

3. Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?

4. Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you.


5. Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.

6. Map out your future - but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.

7. I always think I'm the Tom Cruise of music - a lot of success and fans, but no critics, darling.

8. This is the way I look at sex scenes: I have basically been doing them for a living for years. Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock 'n roll, and if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it.




9. You know these love letters mix with whisky, just don't light a match when you kiss me.

10. Don't waste your time away thinkin' 'bout yesterday's blues.

11. For years, I've had a hankering for the portrait of Benjamin Franklin by Joseph Duplessis. Franklin is credited with so many inventions: the postal system, lightning rods, the constitution. He was a rock star before there was such a thing.

12. I don't work well outside the lines; my report card once read: "doesn't play well with others."

13. Guys will take one pair of jeans, five T-shirts and three pair of socks and that'll get you by for 10 weeks.

14. I like progress but I hate change.



15. I want to own an NFL franchise. I understand the business of football.


16. I was just another long-haired teenage kid with visions of grandeur, strumming a tennis racket or a broom in front of his bedroom mirror.

17. I went to a radio station on Long Island in 1982, and thank goodness for me, it was so new that there was no receptionist. So the DJ opened up his booth, and took my tape and listened to it and thought it was a hit song.

18. I went to Catholic school in and out. I'm what you call a recovering Catholic. I have many major issues with the church.

19. I'm a football guy. Baseball, I enjoy it at playoff time.

20. I'm not a big disco guy.

21. I'd crawl over broken glass for Elle MacPherson or Cindy Crawford.

22. If people have to tell you how successful they are, they really aren't that successful. That's something I learned sweeping floors at this recording studio called the Power Station. Mediocre stars were the biggest pricks, and the big stars were the ones who came in and said: "How're those demos going?" - Keep pushing.

23. My health and my family are the core of my being.

24. If you wanted to torture me, you'd tie me down and force me to watch our first five videos.

25. New Jersey shaped who and what I am. Growing up in Jersey gave you all the advantages of New York, but you were in its shadow. Anyone who's come from here will tell you that same story.

26. Piano playing is a dying art. I love the fact that I can be one guy with one instrument evoking an emotional and musical experience.

27. The only thing I like more than my wife is my money, and I'm not about to lose that to her and her lawyers, that's for damn sure.

28. The Rolling Stones set the bar to where I look to as a band. But I don't envision myself touring in the way they do. My knees won't hold out.

29. There's a vintage which comes with age and experience.

30. There's not a platinum record hanging in my house anywhere. It doesn't exist here. I'm over it. They're all in the garage, wrapped up in bubblewrap.


31. We've been gone five years and the best they could come up with was boy bands?






32. What drew me to politics in the first place was the fact that I wanted to have a place to take a stand and use my voice to express what I believed in. But I've no longer got any political aspirations. I feel that as a politician, fifty per cent of people would hate you before you even left the house.


33. We are at a crossroads in the music business: with the rise of the internet, the world we live in has changed, and the past is not coming back. But I see the glass as half-full: the internet and social networking are new avenues for the next Bob Dylan to be born on.

34. Women have always ruled my life, be it my mother, my wife, my assistant, or my daughter, so I don't really fight with them. I relinquished control years ago.


35. Women rule the world. It's not really worth fighting because they know what they're doing. Ask Napoleon. Ask Adam. Ask Richard Burton or Richie Sambora. Many a man has crumbled.


36. You just stay the course, and do what it is that you do, and grow while you're doing it. Eventually it will either come full circle, or at least you'll go to bed at night happy.

37. You're never going to see the fat Elvis in me. People I admired like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and John Belushi all died at 27. I've got jeans older than that.


38. Each one of you has something no one else has, or has ever had: your fingerprints, your brain, your heart. Be an individual. Be unique. Stand out. Make noise. Make someone notice. That's the power of individuals.

39. If I look at someone like Sinatra, who toured until he was 80 and made 60 movies, that would be a great life to have.

40. When Johnny Cash died…I picked up my guitar and got the idea that Bob Dylan was the last man standing, the last of the real gods. It was for Dylan, Cash, Lennon, Elvis that's what I was thinking.


41. We've had all the ebbs and flows of any real career. Trust me. We've been at the highest highs and pretty low lows. But that said, we always stay true to who we were. We didn't jump on fads and fashions.







42. This band is about two things - the music and the fans. This team we're working with has given us the opportunity to share new music with our fans on every imaginable level - in person, on the radio, online and in theatres across the country.

43. The only enemy is ignorance. Peace, people. Let's get rid of all this nuclear testing.

44. It was more of a risk for me taking on a brand new talent. But sometimes it's just so obvious when you hear a voice and see a smile…

45. We're gonna pay his fines. We'll deal with it for him.


46. It's a much more jaded, cynical, kind of (take on the phrase). It was really shaped by what was the election last time. And the results of the election. But you know, in order to take the moral high ground, just the opinion in the song is: "You have your opinion. I have mine. And don't get in my face about it. Have a nice day." It's a very Jersey way of twisting the words.



47. I just don't have the focus. So all writing stops. And you need something to kick-start it. Nashville made sense on several occasions.

48. There's only so much we can do as owners to market this game. I was willing to do it because I believed in the product. I don't mind being the face of it, but it's time that the sport stands on its own merits.

49. It's ripping my belly out.


50. These good works with Habitat for Humanity have already made a difference to families in the city of Philadelphia. Since the inception of the Philadelphia Soul, our mission was to give back to this community. With the help of our friends at Sprint, we will be able to continue fulfilling that goal.




51. We can be the world's AFL team, for sure. There's no reason we couldn't be.

52. We're working the world with a new record. We've been out touring for six months. We've got four more to go. This is great.


53. We'll see how it goes. That will give him some more time to heal.

54. It's been 22 years of making records and I must have been to Japan 25 times or more. There's not too many things in the world I haven't seen.

55. It's easy to say: "I love you," to someone, but it's more meaningful to thank someone for loving you.


56. My real friends and my family know that if I'm not working I'm miserable. It's not for monetary reasons. I already have fame and fortune. Now I want to find the greatness in things - which is why I was attracted to the arts in the first place. Slowly, I have fallen in love with acting. And all the struggle here - the acting lessons, the indie movies - has taught me so much.

57. Introverted maybe, but incredibly focused to do whatever it is that I want to do. If it's to go running this morning or to drink tonight, it's gonna be the whole bottle. I don't sip. (about being shy)


58. It is really a great thing when you get to inspire others with your words on such a universal level. I will never forget meeting these two girls, Dee and MJ. When they told me all that my music had done for them, it was just such a great feeling. They are two very wonderful, and beautiful girls and I am glad I got a chance to meet them. They were very lovely girls.

59. Do you really want to know why I'm doing all this goodwill, and why I'm an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity and why I gave a million to (relief efforts for Hurricane) Katrina? It's because I feel guilty about the huge hole in the ozone layer my haircuts created. It's my responsibility to right the wrongs of the Eighties.


60. I wrote the album during a time of extreme polarization in America. There was a war happening and it was dividing families. I realized the party that I was working for had lost but that we still had to come forward together as a nation. You can't be a sore loser. Hence the album title "Have a Nice Day". What drew me to politics in the first place was the fact that I wanted to have a place to take a stand and use my voice to express what I believed in. But I've no longer got any political aspirations. I feel that as a politician, fifty per cent of people would hate you before you even left the house. And I've never quite known what motivates politicians. Do they really believe in the cause that strongly or is it just the pursuit of power? I once flew on a plane with Bill Clinton and a reporter asked whose job was better, mine or the President's? I said that mine was, because I get to keep the plane and the house.

61. Some people just court celebrity for the sake of it. People like Tom Cruise. He was always a great actor, but I think the man's lost it, lost it. You won't ever catch me jumping up and down on Oprah going on about how I love this woman. And then others start feeding off it. Suddenly, Katie Holmes is on the covers of magazines. These people claim they hate the intrusion that fame brings but then they bring it on themselves by having huge entourages everywhere they go, attracting attention to themselves. It's a great fallacy. Another one's Paris Hilton. Famous for being infamous. And the people who should be getting the attention, people like Bob Dylan, aren't. It's sad.

62. I was crushed when Bush got re-elected. I was so depressed and am still gravely disappointed with the results of both elections. I think history will verify that the world would have been a much better place if the outcome had not been that way. I'm never going to be invited for tea at the White House. But I've never gone on stage - before the elections or since - and slagged off Bush. Not because I agree with him in any way, out of respect for the office of President. It's too obvious to bash Bush. Everybody knows what I think about his policies. We went to a local bar for a couple of drinks to cheer ourselves up. On the way home we passed a couple who were in their sixties. I could see the recognition in their eyes so I said: "How ya doing?". The old guy replied: "I only got one thing to say to you" - and put his hand in the sign of a "W". I went bananas - and that wasn't one tenth of how badly my wife reacted. Needless to say, it's been a difficult last couple of years. It's heartbreaking many people now view Americans with suspicion. At one time, we were everybody's best friend. We could go to places perceived as dangerous territories. Now, I'd think twice about asking our road crew to travel there. (May 2006)

63. The Enquirer - the whole truth and nothing but the truth.


What do you think of Jon Bon Jovi's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts