Robert Pattinson Quotes

1. Having a persona people recognize, it's the thing that probably gets you paid the most - but it's also the thing that virtually every actor in the world doesn't want. 'Cause, like, no one would believe me if I wanted to play something ultra-realistic, like a gangster or something.


2. I always get carried away when I'm kissing. I just go nuts! Walking away after it is the strangest moment for me. It's embarrassing - not knowing what to say to each other.

3. I have been lucky, of course. Like, last year, if I went out, I'd have to fight to chat someone up. This year, I look exactly the same, which is really scruffy, and yet lots of people seem to have just changed their minds and decided I'm really sexy.

4. My little cousin tells me I look like Magneto so I guess that's who I should probably play.

5. I wanted to play piano in restaurants in the south of France. I went there on holiday once and I saw this guy playing in an old tuxedo. He was all disheveled, with a whisky glass on the piano. I thought that was the coolest thing. So what's happened to me with "Twilight" isn't really what I'd planned.

6. I have very, very low expenditures, but still I manage to spend it all. I guess Hot Pockets are more expensive than I thought.



7. I'm not one of these guys who's constantly in a relationship, not at all.

8. Sometimes just when I say hello the right way, I'm like: "Whoa, I'm so cool".

9. My dad says he likes to bask in my glow.

10. This thing with everyone knowing you, it's weird, because people have this one-sided relationship where they look at your picture and feel they know you more than someone they actually know. I don't really know myself that well.

11. I have so much residue crap in my hair from years and years of not washing it and not having any sense of personal hygiene whatsoever. Even today, I go into these things where I'm supposed to be this sexy guy or whatever, and I'm literally asking: "If I get plumes of dandruff on me, can you just brush it off?"

12. I don't know if I could ever really be cast in a heartthrob role apart from "Twilight," which I didn't really know was a heartthrob role. I really don't feel I am one.

13. I haven't really decided to be an actor yet! I started doing plays when I was about 15 or 16. I only did it because my dad saw a bunch of pretty girls in a restaurant and he asked them where they came from and they said drama group. He said: "Son, that is where you need to go."

14. I never really considered myself attractive. I was always kind of gangly in school.







15. I keep forgetting I'm speaking in an American accent sometimes. The dangerous thing is that you end up forgetting what your real accent is after a while! It's really strange; I've never done a job in an American accent before.

16. I'm afraid of buying a house or anything, 'cause if there's one paparazzi outside for one day, then they'll never leave.



17. I started doing a paper round when I was about 10. I started earning 10 pounds a week and then I was obsessed with earning money until I was about 15. (Talking about his first job)

18. I'm, like, a compulsive eater. I'm going to be so fat when I'm older, it's ridiculous.

19. When I was flying to Rome, we flew over London; I felt like bursting into tears. It's part of me, so I can't leave London behind for good.

20. If it's just screaming - and I know this sounds so ridiculous - that gets old. But sometimes when there's literal chaos, it's like being in a war zone, and that's kind of exciting. You're just running through the crowd of people chasing after you and no one knows what's going on.

21. Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as "Claudia"! Twelve was a turning point as I moved to a mixed school and then I became cool and discovered hair gel.

22. It's strange, somebody asked for my autograph the other day. Because I finished school and I'm not really doing anything at the moment, I was just kind of aimlessly wandering around London and these two guys who were about 30 came up and asked for my autograph. I was really quite proud at the time, and they wanted to take photos and stuff. And then they were sort of wandering around and I was kind of wandering around and I bumped into them about three times, and every single time their respect for me kept growing and growing and growing.

23. I aspire to be Jack Nicholson. I love his every single mannerism. I used to try and be him in virtually everything I did, I don't know why. I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when I was about 13, and I dressed like him. I tried to do his accent. I did everything like him. I think it kind of stuck with me.

24. They (Barnes Theatre Club) were a very good group, and for some reason when I finished the backstage thing, I just decided to that I should try to act. So I auditioned for Guys and Dolls and got a little tiny part as some Cuban dancer or something and then in the next play I got the lead part, and then I got my agent. So I owe everything to that little club.

25. Thats the worst thing, I don't really care if people say I'm a bad actor, I can like work on that, but if they just say that he's ugly thats just like "oh…really?

26. Sometimes I think: "To hell with acting," and then I realize I could be working at a shoe shop, acting is much cooler.

27. I don't know. I think he's (Daniel Radcliffe), just in real life, he's just so far superior to me in terms of desirability, so he didn't really have much of a competition with me. So there wasn't really much joking around. I'd probably cry if he did. If I was Katie, I would definitely go out with him because he's rich and famous, and I'm not really.

28. I'm really afraid of getting hit by cars, like terrified of it. I'm terrified of crossing streets. I'm also very accident-prone…I think people aim for me.

29. My first kiss was when I was 12.

30. The girly movie I secretly love is Pippy Longstockings.

31. My dream job is being a pianist.

32. If I could trade places with anyone in the world it would be with someone who has lots of power like George Bush.

33. My worst habit is speaking too much.

34. The stuff I find attractive in women I always regret finding attractive. I always like a kind of madness in a woman…I like it when they hate me right from the beginning.


35. I don't really see the point in washing your hair. If you don't care if your hair's clean or not then why would you wash it?

36. I don't even have people's phone numbers. I almost don't want to have a girlfriend in this environment.

37. Last year I couldn't even have a date, but now it seems that girls have changed their opinion about me.

38. When you are followed constantly by fanatic fans, you try to eliminate the times you come up against them.That's why I hide myself sometimes.

39. The Volterra scene, where I have to step into the light. There were many extras and many fans there. Some fans travelled across the world to be there. I felt a huge sense of responsibility, being in front of so many that are so obsessed with this story. It was nerve wrecking, but I never felt closer to the character before this. (On his favourite scene from New Moon)

40. Recently a magazine had on the cover that I was pregnant. I was just like: "Wow!" It was without a hint of irony. I didn't know what to make of that one. I saw a couple of comments under the article saying: "That's why he always wears jackets. He always wears layers to hide it". (On strange stories written about him)

41. I wouldn't be able to say. I don't think I'm much of one. It's funny, it is the secret to any guy - if people find him unattractive or whatever you just get Stephenie Meyer to tell the world, to put on her Web site that this guy is now attractive and everybody changes their minds. (whether he thought he was a sexy man-beast)

42. Before Twilight, I did any movie that I got offered. But now fans expectations have doubled and I just can't mess around. Today, I can't afford to be a part of any movie. I have to question a lot more now before I take a project. After all I can't disappoint my fans.

43. I've really gotten into hip-hop again recently. I'm reliving my childhood. I've been listening to a lot of Wu-Tang Clan. I always wanted to be a rapper when I was younger. That's always what I wanted to be before I started acting. (How he rediscovered his love for rap music)

44. I was thinking that he's just a normal guy who got bitten by someone. I guess I just tried to think, if you've been bitten by some guy when you're unconscious and you wake up and you're eternal and you have super-strength and super-speed and you want to kill people and drink their blood and before that you're a perfectly normal 17-year-old. (Explaining what he had to think about, in the perspective of Edward Cullen from "Twilight", when he was isolating himself from the world)

45. He's a poet, and very deep and profound. He's just extraordinarily troubled. (Describing his character Edward Cullen in "Twilight")



46. I kinda just approached it from the front. (On being asked how he approached the kissing scenes in "Twilight")

47. Thats kind of why I was kind of tortured before the casting. I read the book and was like "Well this is really dumb. It's just pointless, even going for it." (Explaining how he wasn't beautiful enough to portray Edward Cullen in "Twilight")

48. It was so cool... you had to walk through a restaurant kitchen to get up to the roofs but you could, like, walk along all the roofs... I didn't do anything for a year, I just sat on the roof and played music... it was like the best time I had ever had. (Talking about the living conditions when he lived with his best friend in London)



49. I thought that would be pretty cool, because it would make me take it seriously. Talking about the personal training program he had to do for "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire")

50. I was quite intimidated by Ralph Fiennes. I didn't really talk to him while I was doing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and the only thing I did with him was when he stepped on my head. Then I went to this play and he was there. And this girl said: "you've worked with Ralph Fiennes haven't you, Robert?" and I was like: "well, no..." and Ralph said: "yes, I stepped on your head." And that was the extent of our conversation.

51. I get on really well with Katie, she's a really cool girl. (On Katie Leung)

52. The day before the film was released, I was just sitting in Leicester Square, happily being ignored by everyone. Then suddenly strangers are screaming your name. Amazing. (Explaining the big change in his life after Harry Potter)

53. School reports were always pretty bad. I never ever did my homework. I always turned up for lessons as I liked my teachers but my report said I didn't try very hard.

54. My dad said to me the other day, I really am an artistic person. I was shocked as I never saw him as a creative. I think me and my sisters are living out that side of him as my sister is another creative person, she's a songwriter.

55. In a lot of ways, I was kind of crossing lines of what I thought I was comfortable doing. I had to do all this naked stuff. (Talking about being naked in his new role in Little Ashes)

56. I hope there is such a thing. I guess it would be quite scary to find a soul mate when you're young because you're probably going to mess it up.

57. I am now determined to do really weird parts but I think I overdo it in auditions so nobody really trusts me!

58. I quite liked Sharkey and George and then there was a cartoon with rapper MC Hammer in it - Hammertime - I loved that cartoon, it was genius! They don't make cartoons like that anymore. (on his favorite cartoons as a kid)

59. I've changed so much. I'm not nearly as cocky as I was, I was a real prat for the first month. I didn't talk to anyone. I just drank coffee and told everyone I was 24 and this famous theatre actor just back from South Africa.

60. I have no idea. I think I would have just gone to university and would have kind of just done the average thing. 

61. I walked out the wrong car door and started walking into the crowd. An interviewer said: "Give your best horror scream," and Stan did this great scream and I was too much of a wimp to do one. It was pathetic! (On his first red carpet experience)

62. Someone stole my shoelaces once from my shoes. I still wear them and never put laces in them - they're like my trademark shoes now.

63. I can't say I was. I wasn't not a fan. I hadn't read any of the books or anything. I read The Goblet of Fire when I was doing the other film, and I really liked that. I got through it in about two days. I'd say I'm a pretty big fan now. (On whether he was a Harry Potter fan before filming)

64. I knew the casting director from another movie which I did, and they wanted to see me for this part, but I was doing another movie over the casting period, so I ended up seeing Mike Newell and Mary Selway and Fiona Weir - who were casting at the time - before anyone else was seen for casting. And then, I went to do this other movie, and then the day I came back... I got a call back and basically, that's what happened. (On getting the part of Cedric)

65. Probably Harry. I think. Not being arrogant or anything. I just think it's a really intricate and it's an amazing part. I think also when you don't really have the opportunity to be guaranteed seven films when you're growing up during the filming. (On who he would switch roles with.)

66. I was actually having nightmares about it for months in advance, I went to Jasper Conran and picked out the most ridiculous, extravagant clothes - they looked really good in the shop. And then I put them on and I thought: you look such an idiot. (On the Harry Potter Premiere)

67. I've been using the fan websites as I was acting it, because they know so much about the books, and it's really helpful as a resource.


68. Well, I haven't actually died "live" yet but I've been dead a few times. It's strange, but it's quite sort of relaxing. You feel like a bit of a therapist, because everyone's giving you all their grief, and you're just lying there listening. Yeah, it was quite nice, like no pressure after a couple weeks. I enjoyed it.


69. I think the most embarrassing part of that was just the normal dancing. When the rock band comes. I think there was two days where the crew was like: "Just dance, just dance.". So, you can't, in a club or whatever...That was really awkward.


70. As Dan was doing school at the time I was just sitting by myself for ages and at the time I wanted to be taken really serious as an actor so I used to just sit around just drinking coffee all day and trying to look really intense.

71. I think the yule ball is more attractive to the girls who read it, I never really thought "Oh I get to go to the ball!"

72. There were a couple of times where you think you're swimming towards a guy with a breating apparatus and then you find its just some thing in the water and you're like (imitates freaking out) and then you just know what to do and they film your stupid face just screaming underwater and then everyone starts laughing and its just like, ahh, great.


73. We had to do this scene looking like heroes diving into the lake. they had a stand-in doing perfect dives on the first take. Then Stan, Clemence, And I tried, but none of us could dive in right, and we all looked really stupid.





74. Then I got a call the next day from the assistant director saying that they were putting me on a personal training program. I thought that would be pretty cool, because it would make me take it seriously. It was run by one of the stunt team, who are the most absurdly fit guys in the world. I can't even do 10 press ups. I did about three weeks of that, and in the end I think he got so bored of trying to force me to do it that he wrote it all down so that I could do it at home.


75. That is quite difficult. In the book and also my first introduction of the script is like "an absurdly handsome 17-year-old" and it kind of puts you off a little bit, when you're trying to act, and you're trying to get good angles to look good looking and stuff.


76. I hope I'm not that close to my character, I hate him, I used to hate everybody like Cedric in my school.

77. I sort of identify with him in a couple of ways. Generally, I am quite pleasant. I think he is too, and I think that is one of the basic similarities. Let's see, I've got blond hair, I am relatively sporty. But, I think he is a better person than me.

78. When I was doing scenes like when he's holding my body and stuff I was quite moved by what he was doing and because he's, well he's not that young anymore, but he was quite young, and I was really impressed by it.


79. We had this bonding week at the beginning and I did a lot of improvising with Rupert and he's really, like he's incredibly funny, but just as a real person, because he's funny in the film obviously, but he can do - he's like really versatile doing acting, and Emma as well, she can just, she just does it, she's an actress, she always has been and she's just incredibly intelligent young person.

80. Er no, I think Dan could steal anyone from me. If I was a girl I would pick Dan!


81. I'm a big fan of Michael Gambon. I had one scene sitting next to him at the dragon task, and I had no idea what to say to him at all! He was the only person I asked for an autograph the whole way through it!






82. I was so concerned about looking cool, It's weird seeing them. They are the most famous kids, I kept calling them famous. They're on their way to becoming icons. I used to try to be moody and stuff. I'm really good friends with a lot of people from the film. It was a long time, I was doing it for 11 months.

83. I'm just a big, hard tool.


84. I was just taking out my trash and I had, like, 300 cans of Diet Coke. It was just like: "How did that happen?" I don't even remember buying them. I also like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My addictions are pretty much the only things I consume.





85. I spent a long time trying to figure out how to play (Edward's part) without making a fool out of myself. The whole book is written from Bella's perspective and she's in love with him. I mean, the guy can be anybody - he could be an alien - and you see past everything if you're in love with someone.


86. If I go and try to watch a movie by myself I'll be completely transfixed the whole time, concentrating one hundred percent. But if I'm with another person on a date or something, within two minutes I'll be like "This is rubbish, this is rubbish. We should leave and do something else." I don't really know why.


87. I've got a terrible memory - I end up repeating myself quite a lot. The only thing I can remember is that I'm going to repeat myself!


88. It sounds lame, but I was really concentrating on this job. It was my first American thing so I was pretty focused. I went to Portland for two months before we starting shooting, and I just didn't talk to anybody for ages during the beginning of the shoot. I never went out, but I kind of broke down half way through. I was like: "Okay, people are starting to think that I'm actually out of my mind now".

89. I guess I am quite shy and I also like to do things where I have a little time to think about what Im saying first. Im not very good at thinking before I open my mouth to speak. It has been known to get me in to trouble.


90. I want to start a thing that encompasses music, film and writing as well. I don't think Ive established myself enough in film and definitely not music, I haven't done anything in music. Yeah. I think you need to have a lot of goodwill towards you to get one really going.



91. It would be one of the best things ever to get paid for handing out Simon Cowell-style insults for the day. I don't think he's rude, I think he's just painfully honest, which is what makes him so good. He must absolutely love his job, it can't be one you'd ever get bored with.


92. In Los Angeles I started using a delivery service which only delivers fresh and healthy food. Even in the morning I have a bag with healthy food delivered to me. I've never in my life lived as healthy as I do now. Of course I miss homemade food, but I'm on my own or on the go most of the time. And I can't cook myself. I only just manage to make some toast. I don't seem to have the genetic endowments for it. I'm incapable to tell what tastes good and what doesn't.

93. My home consists of three suitcases which I live out of. Everything is in there.


94. Kristen is always really good but also clearly speaks her mind. That can be a bit uncomfortable. After we shoot a scene she sometimes looks at the director and says: "Lets do that again". If I did that she would probably kill me! She would probably say something like: "Shut up! The scene was perfect!"


95. I definitely want to record an album, direct a film and start my own religion.

96. I do bear some similarities in the sense that I'm not good at romance. I also think I lack basic finesse when it comes to women. I give up too easily even if I'm very attracted to someone.


97. Kristen and I have lived a great adventure together with the Twilight films. We are very close and no one can understand what we've gone through together the last few years. When were together, we understand each other so well that we don't have to say a lot to explain what were thinking. Kristen is a wonderful girl.

98. Every single time we had to do a threatening thing to each other, for one thing, you always have your shirt off, and so in the tent scene I literally grabbed your breast. And it's very difficult to remain in the moment. Also, in that tent scene, I can't really get over the fact that the world thought sounds like fart.


99. I take way too long to get dressed, like way too long. But only for things like shows or if I have to do public appearances. Like, I'm ridiculous, I'll keep getting changed and getting changed and then I'll just put on the same thing I wore the day before. 





100. The more you are exposed, the more people irrationally hate you, I think we reached a point, a peak, with New Moon where the stories became so saturated into the culture that it started to feel normal. It's like the tabloids don't know what to write anymore because they've used up all their scandals.


101. I don't know what benefit there would be to talking about it. In logical terms, if you were just walking down the street and every single stranger on the street knew your business, and came up and felt the need to comment on it, you'd just be like: "Shut up!" Like: "I'm gonna kill you!" And its exactly the same mentality. I don't really want to try and sell it either, maybe if I was selling it I'd talk about it more.

102. It's weird, I think I've become a little less mal-coordinated in the last couple of years. I'm doing Water for Elephants now which there's quite a few active bits where I'm pulling around horses and stuff. I'm just like when was I suddenly becoming capable, because I definitely wasn't.


103. For some reason I felt a lot more comfortable with the action stuff this time. Normally I just felt so silly, like even in New Moon I remember starting the fight with Taylor at the end, I just felt like such a moron. I think it's the clothes, like you're always wearing such skinny jeans and like a little blazer and a kind of woolen sweater and trying to act like you're tough, and you just know it's not going to happen. Now I have little thermal tops and things, and now I'm wearing charcoal!   

104. I think you'll see a lot of my crack in it (Bel Ami). But um, I think there's quite a lot of me to see. But I haven't seen anything yet, and it was very it's such a strange story. I think it will turn out being pretty interesting. But I have no idea about any of it yet.


105. I remember seeing that scene thought and thinking like: "God I don't remember doing that, that's a little bit saucy, that's a little raunchy for a "Twilight movie"."


106. Something about kneeling down, because I had to kneel down so much in the "Twilight" movies and it always looks really awkward. I've actually got quite long thighs and it doesn't work.

107. I would love to have Edward with really short hair. Its such a relief not having a big animal on my head most of the time.


108. I believe rather, that everyone has sex before marriage then and now. I also don't believe that girls must respect themselves or that boys only want the one. If you behave like a gentleman, because chastity really suits you, okay. But if you take it for the newest fad in the dating world, then it's rather off the mark.



109. It was recently. It happened while I was filming Water for Elephants in which my partner is Reese Witherspoon. We had a scene with elephants but there were so many paparazzi around that it was scaring the animals and it was impossible to film. Out of the blue, fans that were waiting for autographs had enough and circled around the paparazzi. Teens made big guys run away. It was unreal! I was pleased.


110. This comparison seems to decrease as the films go. Fans dont see me like that anymore. Contrarily to the first movie they can differentiate my character and me. At the start when I did public appearances, for them I was Edward 100%. I could read it in their eyes. Many lacked control which scared me. Everything has changed and now when I do interviews I am as honest and sincere as possible. I'm not Edward and I make sure it shows.

111. Already from the time that I was 18 they (Rob's two sisters) explained to me: "if you hadn't started styling your hair with gel, then you still would have always been one of these plain, boring people".


112. I was obsessed with a writer called Martin Amis when I was a teenager. I read everything. Every single time I went to a bookshop, I'd see if he has other books. I used to buy multiple editions of his books. Martin, Van Morrison and Jimi Hendrix, they were my people when I was growing up. I'd obsessively collect all their stuff.


113. I think I've become more old-fashioned. I feel like Im already turning middle-aged now. Its quite nice to be doing a series of films (The Twilight Saga) that a lot of people think uphold positive virtues. Some people actually think the films are a good influence on their kids.


114. It's funny because I'm playing a dad in some scenes in Breaking Dawn and I'm portraying one in a movie I'm doing now as well. I'm terrified about doing it. I don't know what I'm going to do when it comes to those scenes. I've been complaining so much about having the makeup on and contact lenses. Kristen (Stewart) is like: "You're so pathetic. You have to just get over it. Why can't you just get used to it?" Now, since Kristen has to wear contact lens, too, I can finally be like: "You will know what it's like. You're going to be in constant aggravation the whole time. Which is great".

115. I'm glad that it's Bill Condon who's directing Breaking Dawn I love his stuff. I haven't seen the script yet but I am fearful about the series end. It's such a great security blanket. It's like a net. You can afford to make mistakes when you have another Twilight film to make. After that, I guess you're on your own.


116. One of the things that really annoys me about the rise of all these celebrity websites is that anyone who becomes famous, people are so desperate to prove that celebrities are lower than the average person on the street. Why destroy any hope for anyone else? 




117. I just kept telling everyone why I needed to take my shirt off in a scene, and everyone else had to think of reasons why I shouldn't. No, I don't think so, Edward is much more chaste than that. Then I'd say: "No, seriously, I would like to wear a really tight tank top and have my belly come out of the bottom. And have some sweat on it, too".


118. You're not really allowed to complain about any of this fame. You're just supposed to be grateful. And obviously, I get it. You're lucky and you should appreciate your luck. But, I mean, it just seems if you even hint that there's a bad side to any of this people will be like, Liar! I guess its because people want to have it as a dream.

119. It's funny now, like trying to socialize with people. There's this cautiousness about people which I just find really weird.


120. I can't really understand it even now. It does have an angle which is attached to something quite primal in girls. I guess people want it to define them, like I'm a Twilight fan. That's crazy to me. I think people really just like being part of a crowd. There's something just tremendously exciting about hyping yourself up to that level.


121. Tai was the best actor I ever worked with in my life. I cried when the elephant was wrapped. I never cried when anyone else was wrapped.

122. Kristen is very focused on being an actress. I mean, that's what she is she's an actress. Whereas I just don't really know.


123. I've just kind of stopped doing everything. I never change the channel in my trailer. I just watch reruns of House of Payne and Two and a Half Men. I love Cops I think it's my favorite TV show. God, I sound like such a loser.

124. I don't know what's wrong with me. My brain doesn't work anymore. I haven't any memory. I can't write. All I can do is sign my name.

125. Recently I stood in the desert, far outside of L. A., and watched the sun set on a circus tent from 1930. Everywhere stood animals: elephants, tigers that should be loaded into a steam train. 300 extras in costumes raced around, the modern world had disappeared totally. Although that was totally fake, it still happened directly before my eyes! That was my perfect day. I would be gladly experience that every day. It happens continually to me: It calls itself work. That is wonderful and more than enough.


126. Christoph Waltz is stunning, an insanely nice guy. He is not only a ridiculously good actor, he is also really funny, helpful, and a good colleague. I like his work ethic. I mean, the guy has won an Oscar and despite that he is receptive, open-minded, and not the least bit snooty. And Reese Witherspoon is the same. It may be the nicest cast that I have worked with yet, a really great experience.

127. Every one of us knows the time, before something happens between a couple, when you're still totally insecure: Does the other person like me or not? That is definitely the riskiest time! This moment can last an eternity. To this sweet uncertainty also comes anxiety, especially if it's the first time for both people. I believe this worry stirs up desire. And in this case, the period of desire lasts almost four books.


128. Your world gets smaller. There’s a massive contraction. And the weirdest thing is the more you contract it, the more the (public) interest goes up. It’s so crazy. There’s no way around it. You’re either on a 24-7 reality TV show, or people think you should be. (on fame and becoming insular)





129. A little sun round my belly button like Sisqo. (responding the fan question "If you got a tattoo what would it be & why?"

What do you think of Robert Pattinson's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts