Nikki Sixx Quotes

1. Motley Crue, collectively and individually, have done things on our own terms.





2. I harbored a lot of resentment as a teenager and as a young adult. I still have a problem with authority, I'm trying to listen!


3. Who's the new Ramones, who's the new Guns 'N Roses, who's the new Motley Crue, who's the new Black Sabbath? They're coming, they're on the street, they're 16, 17 years old.


4. I don't want to jump through hoops for people.




5. I forgive my mom for being a psycho and my dad for being a loser.

6. Some cats, Iggy Pop, they're going to always have that hunger.


7. What's the best angle to cut someone's throat? Well, usually from behind. That's usually how it works.

8. The book is really, really dark, to the point where some people that I've talked to have said that it could be a series. And I'm like, Where? VH1? It's a little hard for VH1.

9. Artists are very young, and say, Um, ok, to these industry dudes.

10. Each guy has his own space. We all end up in one of the other guy's rooms all the time. We always end up together, as far as people getting along.


11. Every day, I wake up, and the first thing I think of is my kids.

12. Formats are going to change because this is what the people want. It's not what the labels want.

13. How lucky can one guy get? I was a runaway, and then I was in one of the biggest bands in the world. I've sold out every arena. I've sold millions and millions of records.

14. I've got five kids and I'm married, Tommy's got two kids and he's been married, Vince just got married again, Mick's out of a relationship, Tommy's single as well. We've done a lot in our life, we've covered a lot of miles.


15. I've got so many mountains to climb and goals to conquer. I've got so many scars I want to leave on the planet. I just feel like I'm not there yet. I feel like I am just getting started.

16. If you actually dissect the lyrics in "Motley Crue", you'll notice that there's a lot going on beneath the surface.

17. If you were on the phone with me and Tommy right now, we would probably forget you were there, we'd just be cracking jokes. It's like Beavis and Butthead.


18. It's about what happens on stage, whether we can deliver it in a hungry way that is who we are in our hearts.


19. If your album sells, that's cool, more people find out about you, more people get turned on to what we're really about-which is a live rock and roll band.

20. The industry is a menace to artists.


21. It's physically very, very, very trying to be onstage as a performer, not unlike an athlete, for thirty years.








22. My main camera is a Nikon D3. I use a French camera from the 1800s for wet plate photography, I use a Hasselblad sometimes. But to me the camera really doesn't matter that much. I don't have a preference for film or digital.


23. The music industry is saying: "This is the format, and if you'll fit into this format, you can be on radio, and if radio will play you, MTV will expose you, and MTV will expose you, we'll sell records".

24. There's a pattern when tours start - a pattern of infighting, of making up, of breaking up, of addiction. There's a pattern of going to jail. There's a pattern of passion for music.


25. There's nothing unique about me as a parent. I am a parent. My kids are kids. We do the best we can do.

26. There's so much history amongst ourselves that reminds us of something, and we start cracking up.

27. We did something this year that was not based on animosity.


28. We each have our own tour bus. We've never done that before.



29. We have a growing new fan base, and we wanted to get out now, and play now, and the timing was right.

30. You want to love unconditionally everything you do, or don't do it.


31. We were telling everybody we weren't getting back together when we were in the studio actually recording. We wanted to try it on, to see how it would fit.






32. Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it.

33. Addiction - When you can give up something any time, as long as it's next Tuesday.
Cocaine - Peruvian Marching Powder. A stimulant that has the extraordinary effect that the more you do, the more you laugh out of context.
Depression - When everything you laugh at is miserable and you can't seem to stop.
Heroin - A drug that helps you to escape reality, while making it much harder to cope when you are recaptured.
Psychosis - When everybody turns into tiny dolls and they have needles in their mouths and they hate you and you don't care because you have THE KNIFE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!


34. When You've lost it all…that's when you realize that Life is Beautiful.






35. When you can't climb your way out of such a hole, you tend to crouch down and call it home…

36. There is something about spending Christmas alone, naked, sitting by the Christmas tree gripping a shotgun, that lets you know your life is spinning dangerously outta control.


37. I was so happy every morning when I woke up that I was pissing smiley faces.








38. You know, it's pretty easy reading this book to see why I was angry and confused for all those years. I lived my life being told different stories: some true, some lies and I still don't know which is which. Children are born innocent. At birth we are very much like a new hard drive - no viruses, no bad information, no crap that's been downloaded into it yet. It's what we feed into that hard drive, or in my case "head drive" that starts the corruption of the files.


39. Sometimes I think I should just buy a blow-up party doll. Same level of intelligence, plastic, and full of air. The problem is, I'd probably fall in love.




40. It would be too much for me to deal with to be sitting up there next to God, Bon Scott, Sid Vicious, and Jimi Hendrix, and hear somebody read my obituary from below:

"NIKKI SIXX DIED TODAY…F... GOLFING".


41. Which side of the blade is sharper? The lie or the truth? It all seems irrelevant when your jugular is sliced open and you’re lying in a pool of blood for the whole world to see.


42. Life is like a long ride to nowhere in particular.

43. There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

44. Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.


45. When you die, every single muscle in your body hurts. Your body has closed down because it thinks it's done, and when it gets rebooted, every inch of you hurts. Plus I'd had the shit beaten out of me with a baseball bat.




46. When you're sitting on a plane 40, 000 feet up in the air, looking out the window, dreaming of your future and how bright it appears to be, or maybe just watching the drops of rain being pushed into different designs from the force of air at 400 mph, well, life feels good. It feels safe, your seat belt is on and your feet are up. Then the oxygen masks fall, the plane jumps, snaps and jolts. People start to scream, babies burst out crying, people start praying all in time to the overhead announcement that we're gonna crash. Right then, as your life flashes before your eyes, you hear yourself say: "god, if you get me outta this one, I'll stop (insert lie here) forever." Right then the nose of the plane pulls up and the captain says: "Wow, that was a close one, folks. we're ok, we'll be landing in thirty minutes and we're all safe and sound, sorry for the scare…" That's how getting hooked on junk is, and when the kick is over you can't believe you ever got on that plane in the first place. The question is: "Will you ever fly again?"


47. What's worse? Being strung out or being fat?









48. Ozzy Osbourne and Motley Crue in New Orleans on Mardi Gras = bad idea!

49. My dick didn't seem to be aware that she was there. She kept asking me what was wrong, and I was so out of it that I thought she meant what was wrong with the world, so I started talking about global poverty and shit. I'm not surprised she left. I suspect she won't be coming back.


50. I used to think the only way to be truly alive is to confront your mortality.







51. People want to see the car crash instead of the race. But, when you're the one in the car that's crashing, it's not much fun. I'm enjoying the race.

52. Don't Take Anything Personally Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.


53. Friends tell each other what nobody else is willing to tell you.


54. Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. They, too, are on a path, and just like you they are learning to walk before they can fly. Imagine of everybody you hurt in life turned their backs on you? You would be playing a hell of a lot of solitaire. Love them no matter what.

55. Life can be cruel. It's been my struggle, my personal battle, my obsession to make people see that different isn't always bad.

56. Let go, and let God.


57. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly.


58. Don't waste your death on a half assed life.



59. Just let it happen and, I promise you, all that is magic will appear.

60. In life, when the baggage gets too heavy, you have to put it down.

61. Live in the moment. Moments make history.


62. The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying says that death is the graduation ceremony, while living is just a long course in learning and preparing for the next journey. If we acknowledge death as the beginning, then how can we fear it?




63. Just because you've lived long doesn't mean you've long to live.


64. I am inspired by thinkers. I am inspired by rebellion. I am inspired by children. I have been inspired by love. I have been inspired by heartbreak. I try to take everything that comes at me in life. There have been times in my life that I didn't handle things… right. But even though you stumble, you still kind of get through it.



65. I carry my crucifix under my death-list, forward my mail to me in hell!


66. If all you're doing is remembering the past, there's something wrong with your life. 


67. Welcome to my f... life! 



68. You can paint a garbage can platinum but it's still a garbage can.

69. Even when I tried to fit in, I couldn't.

70. I'm always willing to put myself in harm's way for the betterment of chaos, confusion and rebellion. 


71. Dying is overrated. I've been there!


72. I don't give a shit.

73. Just cause I use f... lipstick doesn't mean I cant go down there and kick your f... a...

74. The lines I wrote in "Home Sweet Home" in 1985 are as true today as they were back then.

75. Almost every day I'd sell drugs, steal shit, get in fights and fry on acid


76. When I found heroin, I found a way to kill the f... confusion. 


77. I was 14 years old when I had my mother arrested



78. My soon-to-be ex-wife got pregnant the one time in the year we actually had sex.

79. Even as a kid I was never inclined to dodge a bullet. I was always the first one to take it right between the eyes. 


80. Tommy (Lee) has these old Betamax cameras, I found, like, thirty tapes! One was called "Mick Pissing on an Old Lady's Leg in Italy" and another "Robbing Grave in England."


81. Dude, I've seen it all. If you're getting some pussy and you don't wrap that m... , you are going to die. It's not like in the good old days. I used to sleep with everything. All I would do is get a shot of penicillin or something to get rid of the bugs. 


82. Went to a psychiatrist and told him that life on drugs was better than this. 


83. When Motley got big, we would f... anybody and everybody, and usually did.

84. I'm sober, and I'm sick. I'm sick in the head. And all that support and all that great stuff around me allows my artistic side to be even more demented.

85. Vince tore up his calf, Mick has the degenerative bone disease and then Tommy. Everyone's taking bets on when I go down. 


86. I tried to go to Bangkok in '87, and our management wouldn't let me, they said: "Bottom line, Nikki - you'll die. We know you."


87. You know what's not glamorous? Throwing up and shitting at the same time during junk withdrawal.

88. To use a cliche: I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

89. I came to in a hospital bed. There was a cop asking me questions, so I told him to go f... himself. 


90. I guess you know you're insane when you are lying to yourself in your own diary.

91. The trouble with asking questions is you sometimes get answers you don't wanna hear.

92. I was writing some pretty lame songs and nobody dared tell me they sucked. Were they scared to challenge me? Looking back, I don't blame them.

93. Pain hurts, but we hardly ever die from it. 


94. My music and my fans are enough, just like it should be.





95. Motley Crue was always about music and girls... music and drugs... and music and violence. We wanted to be the biggest, dirtiest, loudest rock band on the planet.

96. Alcohol, acid, cocaine... they were just affairs. When I met heroin it was true love. 


97. People over the years have tried to soften blow by saying maybe being is Mötley Crüe turned me into an addict... but I don't think it did. That stroke of genius was all my own work.




98. And, you know, there's a brutality to us when we're together.

99. We go to do the Billboard Music Awards to be a presenter, and we walk on stage, and we get a standing ovation from the industry. 


100. If you've crashed a sports car worth $300,000 while getting blown by a Playmate, you've just about done everything…

101. I remember the first time I got laid, I was 13. That was pretty wild. We used to get it on in the back of her parents' car at the church.

102. One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

103. I enjoy writing different styles…I know a lot of rock fans don't like that concept.


104. Music feeds me…






105. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

106. I was going out with this psycho bitch named Vanity for a while. She gave the concept of murder a whole new meaning. I was voting to legalize it!


107. You might as well learn about sex from Motley Crue than your parents because it's a lot more interesting. 


108. I was a volatile kid who did not like to be told off, even when I was wrong .

109. For me, it was a war: I had angst dripping out of my pores.

110. You either like the band or you don't like the band. It's not the band trying to make you like them. It's the band doing what they do. And that's our strong point. 


111. Doing the whole Heroin Diaries project really helped me to focus on a specific issue. Like, instead of writing a love song, make it about a moment. Make it about the kiss.


112. Bruce Dickinson used to hate me because I f... his wife.

113. Sometimes things are so close that you just can't see them.

114. I believe that you can be cool as f..., not give a f... and f.... kick ass in life, and not be f... up. 


115. I had overdosed after a show in London and been left for dead in a garbage dumpster.


116. You could find us by the trail of sex, drugs and rock n' roll we left behind us…

117. What is rock n' roll if it's not sexy? Sleazy? Usually. Chauvinist? Always.

118. We just didn't give a f... We did things our way, and we had a hell of a good time doing it. 


119. And there's one thing that we all agree on in the band, which is: It's more important to have a great record than to rush getting it out.

120. I mean, you can hate us. I don't care if you hate us, but no one will ever sound like us. 


121. Goodbye chocolate chip cookies and Beatles, hello weed and Iron Maiden


122. If my balls were on your chin, where would my dick be?

123. Hi. It's Nikki. I'm not here right now because I'm dead.

124. We've got plenty of time to become rich - now we want to have fun.

125. I love it when people pass out around me.


126. The true heavy metal, hard rock, sleazy rock 'n' roll followers are the kids in the streets, like me and you. 


127. Hey, Motley Crue is simply a mirror. We reflect what we see.

128. I think Motley Crue has broken down a lot of barriers as far as what you can get away with. I don't think people will soon forget us because we are true to our art. We live and breathe it. 


129. Love me lower…

130. Let's all chant…we hate Nikki Sixx.

131. For ten years, we've had things happened, but you have to stay together and make great music. If we broke up and tried to get together in five years, it would just never be the same. You just have to stay together.

132. I hate things that are diluted - I mean, you don't mix Jack Daniels with Coke. That's a sin!


133. You could buy the biggest houses man. Tha't wont get you off. It's the music! People forget that. 


134. It's amazing I remember anything!

135. President George Washington used to wear a wig and makeup. I mean, c'mon. If he could do, I can do it.

136. Everybody is kinky...we're just admitting we're sick.


137. When you've tasted excess, everything else tastes bland.

138. When Motley Crue is playing, you shut the f... up!

139. I have no patience for ignorance...

140. Can you just admit you like that cock sucking pedophile Michael Jackson so I can block your sorry ass and save some kid from thinking having his childhood rapped by a pop star it oK? 


141. Nobody would believe the shit that happens inside my head. It's haunted.




142. I f... dig this band because they give me something.

143. I think rock and roll is gonna be back in a big f... way here.


144. I don't do drugs, I don't drink...but I still burn. 



145. My **stupid** lil comments are probably my sinister twisted humor. 



146. I'm lifting my leg in the name of rock n roll.

147. The truth is kiddies...the new album is gonna rip your assholes apart. 


148. From past events you know its a mistake to get the crue's blood boilin. It only drives us more.




149. I'm very aware of my fortunes.

150. It's a hard road...stand in my shoes...you couldn't take the heat. 


151. My obsession at fourteen was the same as it is now, and I'm getting away with it! 







152. We don't give a f... about costumes. We just want to play Rock 'n' Roll

What do you think of Nikki Sixx quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts