Georgia May Jagger Quotes

1. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a tightrope walker and a marine biologist, and I think my parents wouldn't be surprised if I did all of those things too.


2. I've seen girls who drop out when their careers pick up. I didn't want to miss out on my education to model. I can't do just modeling.


3. I preferred MTV as it used to be when it was about the music - I don't like it that now they just have reality shows. Reality TV rots people's brains.

4. (on Jerry Hall) My mum did a lot of very provocative work with Helmut Newton. She understands. It is pretty crazy, though. I didn't think that it was going to be on giant billboards everywhere. I'm sort of like: "Oh, God!"

5. I'm not famous. Nobody knows who I am, unless I'm at a Rolling Stones concert or something. Otherwise, I'm just normal - I go to school and I come home and I see my friends.


6. My mom raised me not to give a crap, even in her position. I really never thought about the way I looked until boys came into the picture. Then it starts to be like: "Am I wearing the right outfit? I have to do my makeup for school!"


7. (on her sister) Lizzie is my absolute best friend. We have a very close relationship, but then my mum has four sisters so the family is a bit of a sisterhood. The only thing that Lizzie and I sometimes argue over is clothes - but I think all sisters do that. And we both hoard stuff - we have a hoarding gene and we both have more clothes than we could ever possibly wear.

8. I used to tell my mom and Lizzy: "I'm not going to be a model like you guys!" They make fun of me about it now.


9. I don't think anyone in my family has ever wanted to be famous. They just wanted to do what they are good at - my mum wanted to be a model and an actress, and if you are successful in those jobs you do become famous, it's just how it is. But that's not the reason she wanted to do those things - and that's not the reason why my dad wanted to be a musician. I think if you have talent and you want people to be aware of it - and you deserve it - then that's fine. But being famous for being famous, without any specific talent and without working, is not good. It-girls are awful.

10. I never really had anything to rebel against. 


11. At home we have two dogs, a bearded collie and a tiny papillon, and two cats, one tabby and one huge black cat that's more like a panther and brings in rats for my mum. I used to have a pony but I outgrew it and I do dream that one day I will live in the country and have lots of horses and be like a proper English lady who goes hunting and everything...


12. (on mother Jerry Hall) My mom always says that the most important part of everything I do is to be interested/curious about many things, have fun and be happy. Another important advice which I always follow is to be myself, have my own style and never think about other people's judgments.


13. (on Jerry Hall) She remembers everything because she didn't take drugs like everyone else," she says. "She'll see a black-and-white picture taken 40 years ago and say: "I was wearing a red dress and gold eye shadow." It's incredible.



14. "Sympathy for the Devil" is my favorite track. I mainly like old bands - blues, Motown, rock. Dad didn't try to influence me, it was more my sister. When I was about 12 she bought me about 40 albums for Christmas to properly get me into good music. 


15. I don't want to just be a model - I want to take photographs. And design the clothes. I am interested in that and know that people like Jasmine Guinness have designed capsule collections for Oli - and that would interest me. I want to be an entrepreneur too; I like the business side of things. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet or a tightrope walker. But I have no sense of balance and I can't bear animals dying, so I abandoned both ideas.

16. I think when your parents are as rebellious as mine were, it's difficult to top them. So what's the point?

17. I wouldn't say it was particularly bohemian we had a pretty normal family home and all sort of went to the same school and hung out with friends from the same area. My mum is a real home bird.


18. (on her brothers) There are six years between me and each of my brothers - James is six years older and Gabriel is six years younger. I think Jimmy is brilliant - he's a really good actor - and I'm close to Gabriel, but he is my little brother so he can be kind of irritating. He is a brilliant artist, though. For Father's Day this year I made my dad a card that I thought was pretty good. It said "Happy Father's Day Dada - thank you for being my Dad", but Gabriel had made him an even better card. He had painted his message in Mandarin - he had looked it all up on the internet - and it was amazing. And he's only ten...

19. (on her parents) When I went on tour with my father, I knew he was a musician. But they were my parents. I still think of my mum as being kind of a dork - a cooler one, but still a dork.


20. I wouldn't even have braces on my teeth. I think they are horrible and this idea that everyone should conform and be perfect is ridiculous. I like the fact I have good old-fashioned British teeth with a big gap. Who wants those gleaming white cosmetically enhanced American teeth?


21. I'm going to university in London in September to study photography and printing. I'd like to get into filming and art. I'm only nineteen so I like to think I can keep my options open for now.

22. We only eat organic food at home. My mum was one of the pioneers. I remember us all complaining about it and saying we wanted to go to McDonald's, but she wouldn't let us. Now I understand and I wouldn't eat anything but organic. I'm not sporty, so I don't really exercise, but I walk a lot and there are a lot of stairs in my house. I used to hate gym at school.


23. If I am traveling alone I always carry my computer with me so I am able to watch a lot of movies or documentaries. I love shows on National Geographic. Instead, if Josh and I are together we generally talk a lot on flights.


24. (on her favorite labels) American Apparel and All Saints are my staples. And I love the Oli online stuff. The silver sparkly dress I'm wearing below is really wicked - I will wear it to parties. 

25. (on Olivier Zahm) I have known Olivier for a long time so I felt very relaxed; it is not too stressful to work with him because he is very fine as a person.

26. I think my gap adds character. A while ago, on the street, a guy yelled: "You could stick a gold through your front teeth!" Which meant I could put a £1 coin between them. I've tried! Fifty-pence coins and 2-pence coins, yes. But not a pound.


27. When I am in the UK, I really like to spend time at Josh's parents' house. But if we have to go out I like Café House in London Bridge or some Thai restaurant in the city.

28. I was very nervous because I'm dyslexic and I find exams difficult. They give you a bit of extra time but it's only 20 minutes, and that's how long it takes me just to plan an essay. Ohmygod, and in my French oral I started speaking Spanish and the teacher was like: "That's not French."





29. (on Jerry Hall) Mum tells me to always be nice to everyone, even if they're not nice to you. And to always be on time. From Dad I've inherited a hard work ethic.


30. (on Mick Jagger) Well, actually he's not as cool as you'd think he'd be. He's fun but everyone thinks he would be very lenient and just want to party all the time but, well, he's just Dad. He worries like most dads do.







31. I'm interested in every aspect of fashion. I think it's in my bones. When I was younger I used to be my mum's stylist, picking things out for her to wear. I'd say to her: "If anybody asks you who styled you tonight say: "Georgia".


32. (on mother Jerry Hall) I've seen photos of mum as a girl just before she left for Paris, like in her graduation picture. Let's just say she changed a lot in one year.

33. I would say when I went to Barley on holiday with the family. I even took some dancing classes of the typical dance there for about three weeks, I got really into when I was about six. Other great memories were also the trips to Africa that were really cool.


34. (on father Mick Jagger) We have a snap of my dad wearing blue eye shadow, which I would always make fun of. When I was about 12 and first started wearing lipstick, my dad would ask: "Are you wearing makeup?" I would say back: "You're wearing more makeup there than I am!"





35. (on her mother Jerry Hall) I did take all her miniskirts. I didn't tell her she couldn't wear them but I told her one night that her skirt was too short - she came down the stairs and I was like: "God, Mum, you are 50."


36. I was very surprised by the Fall-Winter Sisley collection. It is really amazing and there are many pieces that I would like in my wardrobe. My favorite Sisley pieces are the oversized red coat, the black leather dress with laser cut outs, the see through blouse as well as the strapless fitted pleaded black dress. Accessories too in this collection are extremely comfortable. I am sure you will be seeing me next fall wearing a lot of the pieces in the Sisley collection.

37. I would like to do art, photography and sociology at A-level - probably at college rather than school because I have been at my school for 13 years and, although it's a great school, that's enough, thank you very much. I might go to college with Assisi - who is the same age as me, but as Jade's daughter is actually my niece - which would be fun.


What do you think of Georgia May Jagger's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts